{Chapter 1} Meeting a special someone

The setting is your typical college girl party, but the direction this night's events would end up taking are everything but.
Our two protagonists, naturally, did not see any of this coming upon arriving.
It all started out really unsuspecting and normal. Or did it?

They were at the beautifully rustic beach house of their mutual friend, Sara, who then, after greeting each of the two girls independently, made them introduce themselves to each other.
The two did not know each other yet after all, and to Sara it was appearantly really important to change that.
Understandable, seeing that each of these two friends seemed really dear to her.

"Hey, I'm Sam. Samara actually, but anyways: Nice to meet you!", the tall girl began while tucking her long light brown waves behind her ear.
She then reached out to shake the other girl's hand.

"Hi! My name is Josie!",the petite girl replied smiling brightly.

"Great to finally meet you! Sara just won't shut up about you, haha! She always goes on and on about how great you are!"

"Yeah, I know", Sam lightly chuckled.
"We were close friends in middle school. The two of us don't really meet very often anymore, but we still get along amazingly! I am really grateful for that. Sometimes I don't know where I'd be without her."

"Agreed! That's so nice! Friendships like that are really special!", Josie smiled.

"Indeed. It's so nice to be back here. ", the brunette agreed.
"How did you meet her, by the way? If you don't mind me asking that is... "

"Oh! I really don't mind at all. We took a live painting class together at our campus' project week. She is SUCH a talented artist! It's incredible. I couldn't help but notice her!
But I'm sure you know that already, haha. You've known her longer than I have after all. ", answered the pale red head laughing away her own awkwardness.
" Has she always been like this? "

After laughing with her a bit, Sam added:"Yeah, I was always jealous of her painting skills, my 'art' looked so mediocre compared to hers! The words 'amateur' were practically written on my forehead standing next to her. "
But the brown-haired girl's airquotes quicky got pushed down by a frowning Josie.

"Oh no! Don't compare yourself! I have fallen into this trap so many times. It's not a very constructive thing to do!"

"I know.", sighed Samara

"Come on, let's drink!", the small ginger suggested excitedly while taking a glass of liquor off a tray and slowly sipping on it.

At that, Sam also took a gulp of her drink which had noticably not been her first that night.

"My my! You sure seem to be used to drinking, huh? Haha", Josie noted amused.

"Yeah, it always lightens me up a bit, I'm pretty shy usually.",the fit brunette admitted blushing.

"I don't deal with alcohol that, well so I decided to keep it slo-", Josie started off only to be promptly interrupted by accidentally being pushed by passing party guests which caused her to involuntarily down her whole glass like a shot.
This, to no surprise, made her cough both in shock and at the stabbing sensation in her throat.

"Woah! That BURNS! Oof! Hahaha! "

"Oh my god! What did you say about
'keeping it slow'?", Sam teased the clumsy girl in front of her.

"Dang, that almost went down the wrong pipe, ugh *cough *"

"Haha, at least it didn't get on your clothes!"
As soon as she said this Josie jokingly pulled a face in disgust.

"Haha, yeah right! That would have been awfully sticky! "

They shared a hearty laugh,but she suddenly felt a little dizzy and briefly grabbed onto Sam's arm for support.