so the journy begins

3rd person pov:

"wow... this mountain is a lot larger when your up close..." tobe says as he looks up at the mountain that reaches the clouds 'well what did you expect? that this was gonna be easy?' garu thinks. garu starts to climb the mountain, he realized that tobe was still starring instead of moving. garu waived his arm motioning him to hurry up. tobe snapped out of it "sorry..."

tobe quickly passed garu and started to walk up the mountain "wait... climbing a mountain THIS high will be a two day long trip... we need to grab supplies before we even think about climbing this mountain... lets quickly head back to our homes and grab what's needed, like food, sleeping bags, etc." garu nodded. garu then pulled tobe's hood down to it covered his whole face "you slut!" he says trying to hold back a laugh. garu chuckles and ran towards the direction of his home, tobe fixed his hood and also laughed to himself before also running to his head quarters.

TIME SKIP~

garu is waiting bye a a dirt path that goes up the mountain for tobe. garu decided to bring his cat with him because he obviously wasn't going to survive without him there to take care of him. and god knows how long they'll be gone for.

then tobe comes running to him in a distance "sorry for taking so long!" he called over to him. once tobe made it to garu he asked "why'd you bring your cat?"

(i just realized that this fanfic is gonna be a lot trickier with garu not being able to respond)

garu cocked an eyebrow at him "looks like i'm gonna have to read your facial expressions this trip... OH WAIT i don't, because i brought you a pen and notepad!" garu shrugged and took it from him. he wrote on the note pad and showed it to him 'the reason why i'm bringing my cat is so he doesn't starve to death, we don't know how long this mission is but i'm not risking it' once tobe finished reading he nods "understandable... you have nice writing" garu wrote on the note pad again 'thanks' tobe chuckles and says "your welcome"

garu's cat jumped off his shoulder and rubbed his body against his legs while purring, garu smiles. garu then looks up at tobe and motions that they should get going up the mountain "right! lets head up" tobe starts to walk up the trail, but slowly so garu could keep up. garu pats his thigh twice. the cat then jumps onto garu's shoulder happily "oh you have pat demands for your cat?" tobe asked as garu quickly caught up with him. garu nodded then placed the pen and note pad in his pocket.

garu and tobe start to walk further and further up the trail to the mountain. from time to time tobe would sneak quick glances at garu and the slash on his cheek. garu's cat slipped into garu's back pack, probably to sleep for the rest of the night. the two walked in silence for a while the sound of birds starting to chirp meaning the sun will probably rise soon. until tobe finally spoke up "garu... i have to talk to you about something..." garu cocked an eyebrow at him questionably "there's this acing pain in my heart whenever i see that scar on your cheek... i-i think it's because i'm... im..."
tobe mumbles the last part.

garu brings out his note pad and pen and wrote 'you need to speak up, i didn't hear you' tobe sighed and repeated "it's because i'm... sorry okay??? i-i know we've been enemies for god knows how long but we never actually made one another bleed and... it makes me feel sick to my stomach thinking that i did something to you..." garu stopped walking, catching tobe's attention, making his heart drop 'this is it... this is where he makes fun of me for- hm?' tobe stopped thinking in mid sentence as garu writes on the note pad again 'all is forgiven, besides this scar makes me look cooler :)'

tobe's eyes widen as he starred at those words 'all is forgiven' tobe felt a huge tone of weight lift off his shoulders, garu puts the note pad and pen back in his pocket. then tobe did something garu never in a million years expected him to do. tobe hugged him tightly with his arms around garu's waist and back, garu stumbled in shock for a second before hugging him back with a couple patts on his back.

tobe quickly pulled away and cleared his throat "lets uh... pretend that never happened" garu nods his head in agreement, they then continued walking.