14: "I'm so Sorry..."

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

 "𝙸'𝚖 𝚜𝚘 𝚂𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢..."

TRIGGER WARNING:
This chapter contains mature/violent content. The mental health of my readers is the most important thing to me! If you suffer with depression and/or self-harm I highly advise you to just go ahead and read the next chapter!
I love you guys :)

"XAVIER, COME ON!"

I hear Mia laughing her full head off as she runs her fingers down my chest, stumbling from being so drunk. I love the way her green eyes get lighter when she's happy. I love it when she twirls around in circles when she's drunk in the middle of the street, which is what she's been doing all night.

"What?" I grin widely and pull her tight against my chest. I trip over my own two feet and hit my palms against the trunk of my car on either side of her body.

"You had too much to drink." She teases and erupts into another fit of giggles.

"Oh yeah? Who's the one who can't go five seconds without laughing?"

I open up the car door for her and she looks questionably at it before she looks at me again. "We should get Lina to drive us home. We've both been drinking."

"Your best friend is more trashed than the both of us combined. Did you see her inside of that house? You live ten minutes away. It'll be fine."

She giggles more but is still not getting inside of the car. Instead she wraps her arms around my neck and kisses the side of my mouth. "I just think we should sleep here or something."

"Have I ever not gotten you home safely?" I mutter. "Didn't you say your parents are out of town tonight? How are we going to follow through with our plans if we stay here? Hm?" My tongue works in circles on her collarbone, which makes her erupt into another fit of giggles. She's so beautiful.

"Okay!" She gives in and climbs inside the car. "I can't believe my boyfriend is so persuasive."

I head around to the other side to get into the driver's seat and fumble with the keys to start the engine. "And I can't believe my girlfriend is so fucking beautiful." I grin widely at her and analyze the way her jean shorts make her perfectly dark skin stand out. The way the moon bounces off of those curls. I would give anything to stay right here in this car for eternity.

"I love you." She whispers, reaching out to trace my jawline. It's almost as if she can read my mind.

༺═──────────────═༻

There's a ringing in my ears that's making it feel like my eardrums might explode. It takes me a minute to realize where it's coming from, and that's when I hear the wailing of the horn that isn't shutting off.

Where am I?

I feel the blood rush to my head and begin to realize that I'm upside down. There's shattered glass everywhere on my body, and the more I try to move the more it digs into my skin. Holy fuck.

I also realize I'm not the only one in the car.

"Mia?" I glance in fear to the right of me and see her practically crumpled by the damage from the car. Her body is shoved between a dent and the side door. "Mia?" I call out again.