17: "I Want What's Best for You..."

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

"𝙸 𝚆𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝙱𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚈𝚘𝚞..."

THE DRIVE TO the dorms is only about five minutes away, and as I'm helping her out of the car she almost falls in her heels on the pavement, my hands immediately coming around her waist to steady her.

I can't bear to look at her, but I eventually do and see those brown eyes boring into me. She has this drunk smile on her face, and when she laughs I get a huge whiff of vodka.

    "Come on." I tell her to break the awkwardness. "Let's get you inside."

    Dion and Amelia are a couple of paces ahead of us, so she's stumbling more as she grips onto me for support.

    "Take off your shoes." I suggest.

    "Are you kidding?" She erupts into another fit of laughter and does a twirl in the middle of the pavement. My heart drops at images of Mia from that night. "Do you see these shoes? I can't not wear these!"

    She does another twirl, and as she turns back around to face me she falls down onto the pavement, cussing once her skin splits open on her knee. It's not deep, but within seconds the bleeding starts.

    "Look what you did." I smirk. "You should have taken your shoes off."

    "Is she okay?" Amelia calls back to us, but she's already more than halfway to the dorms. I let her know she's fine and help Elena shakily stand to her feet.

    "I don't listen very well." She giggles.

    She's staring up at me again with those eyes, and within seconds I'm drawn into her. Why am I fighting this? Why don't we just be whatever the fuck she wants us to be right now? Sure, we can't fuck, but we can have moments like these. Does that make me a pussy? It might, but at this point I don't care. I couldn't save Mia, but I can possibly save her. I'll never know if I don't try.

    I pick her up so that she's straddling me from the front, and she shrieks before erupting into yet again, more laughter. The way her thighs grip around me is so distracting, but at this point I'm just trying to get her back safely without anymore scrapes or bruises.

    "Has anyone ever told you that you're sexy?" She questions. When her fingertips rake through my hair I grip her a little tighter and fight the urge to pin her right up against this wall and kiss her.

    "A few times." I say with a cocky grin.

She tells me where to go to get to her room, and I learn that it's the second door on the fourth floor. We take the elevator, and when the doors close with just the two of us she's still straddling me, still raking her fingers through my hair. I actually allow myself to close my eyes for a moment just to enjoy it before the doors open again.

Dion is standing by the door while Amelia tries to fumble with the lock to get it open. Dion's jaw practically drops to the floor when he sees Elena in my arms, but I just send him a death glare and shrug my shoulders. "She fell and couldn't walk in these death traps." I joke and grab onto her leg to emphasize the shoes. I feel goosebumps on her skin.

Amelia pushes the door open and I walk in to set her on the bed. Their room is really small. There's just two twin beds on either side of the room with a big desk in the middle. I can immediately tell which side is Elena's because one side is neat and tidy with a bunch of calendars spread out on the wall, and the other side has clothing everywhere with posters of different music artist's. That's definitely her.