Comedy Cellar

117 MacDougal St #1267

"I love it when you laugh. It's so adorable and your smile is just breathtaking. So I thought why not go somewhere where I can see this smile. Over and over again."

He looks at me with his gorgeous eyes. He does something to me. I don't know what exactly cause I never felt like this before but I definitely have butterflies in my stomach.

He points to the right and says:

"This place is called Comedy Cellar. I've never been there but some of my friends have and they recommended it. New York's best stand-up comedians are performing there. I hope you like your surprise." His smile is a shy one. I assume because he doesn't know if I'll like it.

"I love it. Absolutely. I'm a huge comedy fan. "

He grins at me and kisses my hand.

"Let's go inside the show is about to start."

On our way in some people spot me and scream my name so we walk a bit faster. It's super cosy inside. The room is full of people sitting at tables talking to each other. I really enjoy that nobody really pays attention to me so Joe and I can truely enjoy this date. The room is mostly darken only one light on the stage. Everyone starts clapping and shouting when the first act enters the stage so do I. I really enjoy the time with him. The acts are incredibly funny. I can feel Joe's stare on me. He really seems to enjoy watching me laugh. After about 30 minutes there is a break. I turn my head to face Joe. I put my chin on my hand any look him in the eyes.

"Tell me a joke."

He looks at me with a surprised face.

"What kind of joke you wanna hear?"

"Any kind."

"Ok here we go: Why did the ketchup blush? She saw the salad dressing."

I burst out in laughter and Joe truely enjoys it as he joins me. People are already kinda staring at us but I don't care. Moments like this are so precious. The show is over after another 30 minutes.

"Wow that was really fun. I really enjoyed this. Thank you for taking me here."

"Your welcome", he says.

It's about 7:30 when we leave the little Cellar.

"Let's go get some food. What do you want to eat?"

"I don't mind. You choose."

"What about pizza? I love the way Americans make pizza. British pizza is so different."

"Let's go get some pizza", I answer.

We decided not to take the car. It feels like we are just two people on their first date, exploring the city a little and enjoying their time together. We link arms with each other and walk down the street to the next pizza shop. There are not so many people on the street so there are no worries that people will recognize me. We finish the pizza while we're walking down the street. I suddenly have this crazy crazy idea. I hope he's up for that. It might scare him a little.

"I just got this insane idea."