Chapter 7

*Alex's POV*
I was talking to Sonnett as the bus started to leave the stadium, when I feel Allie hitting my shoulder. "Al isn't that the girl we talked to at the meet and greet?" she asks with a concerned look on her face. I lean over her to get a better look at the person. A girl is siting alone on a bench just outside of the main entrance. She's wearing a jersey with my number on it and has another jersey in her hand. 'It has to be her,'  I thought to myself. "I think it is her," I say showing just as much concern.

I sit back in my seat and think about this girl the rest of the way back to the hotel. I feel so much concern for her for some reason. I want to know why she's sitting out there and if someone is coming for her. I hoped someone was coming for her.

When we get back to the hotel, we have a brief meeting to discuss the plans for tomorrow before heading up to our hotel rooms. Everyone is flying home to their respective states so they wanted to let us know when check out was and to make sure everyones' flights were all set. Kelley, Allie, and I decided that we were going to stay in Massachusetts for a few extra days to explore the nearby towns.

After we get settled in for the evening, Kelley and I walk to Allie and Tobin's room to see what they were up to. Tobin wasn't there so the three of us decided to go walk around the hotel. As we walk around, I feel myself becoming continuously distant from the conversation. I couldn't stop thinking about that girl sitting there on the bench by herself. Something within me was telling me to go back to the stadium.

"Hey I'll catch up with you guys later. I need to go take care of something," I say without showing any signs of concern. They both nod and I quickly make my way to Jill's room. When I get to her door, I start knocking with urgency. The door opens a few seconds later with Jill standing there looking confused. "Everything okay Al?" she asks me. "Do you think I could borrow one of the rental cars? A young girl that I met during the meet and greet was sitting outside of the stadium by herself after all of the cars had left. Something isn't sitting right with me. I feel like I should go back there and-," I ramble before I'm cut off. "Listen to your gut Al. It's never failed you before," Jill says as she hands me my team badge. I thank her profusely before I take off towards the valet service spot. I flash the valet my team badge and they happily pull one of the cars around.

As I drive the few minutes to the stadium, part of me hopes that she is still there and part of me hopes she is somewhere safe. Just as I turn into the stadium parking lot, I spot her still sitting outside on the same bench.

*Sophia's POV*
I notice a car drive into to the lot and realize that it's heading right towards me. 'Oh fuck no,'  I think to myself. I've seen plenty of movies and tv shows where the girl gets kidnapped and is never heard from again. I'm not about to be the next one. I scramble to grab my stuff before the car gets close enough but it's too late. I stand there frozen awaiting my fate as there's no way I'll be able to get away. I close my eyes in fear. "Hey are you okay?" someone asks. 'Wait a second. I know that voice,'  I thought. I slowly open my eyes to see Alex Morgan standing in front of me.

"W-w-what are you doing here?" I ask in disbelief. She must have seen me sitting here when the bus rolled out. Even so, why would she come back here? "You were sitting out here by yourself when the team bus left. I just wanted to make sure you were okay," she answers. I look down at my feet feeling completely embarrassed. "I missed my train. The next one was supposed leave at 7:45pm but I guess they're having issues. Could be later now," I say nervously. She looked at me with sympathy. "Your parents can't come pick you up?" she asks. Suddenly, I felt cornered. My parents can't come get me. How was I supposed to explain that to her?

I think she could tell that that question threw me off. I didn't want her to feel bad so I told her that I was just going to find a motel to stay at for the night. She didn't seem satisfied with my answer though. "Come back to my hotel with me. Meet some of my teammates, stay the night, and then go home tomorrow morning. We're just staying over at the Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel so it's not far," she says with seriousness in her voice.