Chapter 12.- "PAIN" (Part 1)

"Auuuch".

A huge headache is the first thing Millie feels when she opens her eyes that morning, she was almost 18 years old and for the first time she met that famous hangover that everyone was talking about.

"I will never drink alcohol again in my life". She thinks as she turns around and sees a glass full of refreshing orange juice and an aspirin, she drinks both immediately, the juice feels like heaven as it passes through her dry throat, while she drinks every last drop she can't stop thinking that her grandmother is a blessing, definitely the best grandmother in the world, not only for this detail but for the delicious aroma of waffles that already filled her nostrils, Millie hurries to take a quick shower, she looks for a moment in the mirror, despite the large dark spots under her eyes can't stop smiling as she remembers the night before, there were too many emotions to process, but in the end it turned out to be amazing, Millie's heart was pounding at the certainty of her feelings for Finn, she was completely in love with him...

After a few more minutes of daydreaming, the noise in her stomach reminded her that downstairs there was a delicious breakfast waiting for her, so after taking her things Millie went to the kitchen.

"I swear ... I have the best grandmother in the world!". Millie says as she hugs Alice and takes a seat to start eating the huge plate of Waffles that Alice placed in front of her.

"Your hugs and your compliments don't make me forget that I'm upset with you ... if it wasn't for your Free Pass, now you would be on your way to a boarding school in China!". Alice said pointing a spoon at her, but Millie knew she really wasn't upset and she checked it out when Alice came over and kissed her on the head.

"I hope it was worth it, you must have a headache like hell! ... I still remember my first hangover ... I just hope you had fun, not too much, of course!".

"NANA!" Millie said blushing.

"What? ... I'm just saying that I was your age too and I couldn't take my hands off your grandfather, the Browns are women with initiative and ..."

"NANA STOP! ...". Millie said holding her stomach that already hurt from laughing so much. "Don't worry, there is no fun business that I should talk to you about ... but". Millie sighed before looking at Alice with a tender smile. "Things with Finn are amazing ... I'm really happy".

Alice could see how Millie's expression fell a little, it was as if her smile had vanished in a sea of ​​thoughts.

"Everything is ok?". She asked worried.

"Yes ... yes, it's just that ... I want to confess to Finn everything about the Diary, I hate to feel like I'm hiding something from him".

"Honey ... And are you sure that everything that has happened is caused by the diary? I mean, it could be coincidences or maybe the energy of the diary just brought you together, maybe it just crossed your paths and you have done the rest!".

"No Nana .... listen, you would really be surprised if I told you how specific everything has been, I did not write many things and I swear that after the first time I did, I did not write anything again, but initially I wrote a small wish list and Nana... I swear for my life that everything... everything has come true!... And, I don't know, I start to feel guilty and... ".

"Millie". Alice interrupted her.

"I think I understand where your concern is focused ... Do you think you're forcing Finn to do all the things he does? As if the diary forced him or something?". Alice shook her head when she saw Millie lower her face in silence, she immediately raised her face to look directly at her face.