𝟬𝟯. 𝙈𝙤𝙩𝙚𝙡 𝙤𝙧 𝙈𝙚𝙩𝙝 𝙇𝙖𝙗

TO SAY THAT THE SIGHT OF THE crappy motel was a disappointment was an understatement. Slowly, they glided along the water and the closer they got, the worst the motel seemed to get. Each of their faces displayed a variety of disgust, awkwardly staring at it in hopes that it magically got better.

It didn't, and JJ broke the silence with a low whistle, speaking what the rest all thought. "I thought the Chateau looked bad."

  "This place is a shitshow." Pope glared, immediately regretting his actions of coming along.

  "Motel or meth lab?" Kiara added on, making Sierra snort with a chuckle.

  "Which room do ya' think Walter White is cooking up drugs in?" The Ray girl questioned, standing from her position on the back seats of the boat.

  "You be the judge."

  "Doesn't look like a place somebody with a Grady White stays in." John B stated the obvious, maneuvering the boat towards a small hill of grass, noting that the dock nearby was broken.

  "No, it looks like a place someone with a Grady White would get killed." Pope grumbled, crossing his arms with frustration. He turned back to glance at Sierra who looked just as disappointed. "Look at the positives, huh?"

  "Shut up."

  "All right here, we go." John B mumbled, signaling for JJ to ready the rope as they neared land.

  "This is your captain speaking, HMS pogue comin' in for landing." JJ spoke into his fist, mocking a radio. "Whoo!" He exclaimed, jumping onto the grass below and swiftly tying down the boat.

  "We good?"

  "Yeah, we good."

  "Alright, here goes nothing."

  "Hey." Pope called out, catching the attention of the John B, who already had one foot off the boat. "I'm sending in backup with you two."

  "What?" JJ furrowed his brows, planting his hands on his hips. "What the hell do you mean by backup?"

  Pope turned around, lightly tapping on Sierra's knee, "She is gonna make sure neither of you do anything stupid."

  "One smart one here, another smart one with them." Sierra stood, proudly stepping off the boat. "Great idea, Pope."

  "Hold on, but why does Pirate have to be considered backup?" John B questioned with a confused expression, glancing between Pope and the Ray girl.

  "Because you two shits don't have enough brain cells combined to act when something goes wrong." Pope explained like it was obvious, "Hence Pirate, backup."

  "Hey, I'm not complainin'." JJ called out, wrapping one arm around the girls exposed waist, her tan skin heating up under his touch.

  "And I'm not makin' any promises." Sierra smiled, "It's hard enough to deal with one idiot, let alone two."

  "Hey!" JJ pinched at her side, faking a offended expression. "I'll be good."

  Sierra threw him an unconvinced look, slapping away his fingers that nicked her skin. "Oh, really?"

  "Actually, no, I can't make any promises either."

  Pope couldn't help but roll his eyes, pushing himself off the metal bar above the steering wheel and shaking his head in disapproval.

  Kiara then stepped up, holding out the motel keys. "Be careful." Her pretty brown eyes were wide with worry, both of their hands brushing as John B took the keys. "I mean it "