chapter one

felicity p.o.v. // chapter one

I pulled my bed head closer to my pillow and yanked the duvet closer to my slowly freezing body as I squinted to look at an illuminated phone from under my pillow. Rubbing my eyes, I reached forward to pick it up with my eyes half closed. 2am. “Feckin hell,” I sighed, widening my eyes.

 calum (the frog) – 3m ago

FELICITY OH MY GOD

calum (the frog) – 2m ago

what are you doing  !?

calum (the frog) – 2m ago

are you ignoring me sigh

 calum (the frog) – 2m ago

oh shit bitch wait nvm

calum (the frog) – now

sorry fuck oops

 calum (the frog) – now

jk talk to meeeEe

I groaned flicking my phone open and tapping in the passcode. “Your rachet ass woke me up, its 2am nd I hate you ❤” I pushed my cold body up, rubbing my eyes and face, clicking off iMessage even though the idiot I called my internet friend was typing his reply. Tapping the play button on my music I heard the opening chords to Ed Sheeran’s ‘Multiply’ album. A message pops up over the currently fluorescent green screen, clicking on it I fall back on the mountain of pillows behind me, smiling at the screen.

calum(the frog) 2:06am

Ayyye, look who’s awake !!!!

yeah but u love meeee ;)

Someones excited about it being 2am ????

calum(the frog) 2:07am

Yeah, its cause ur awake :-)

Ps I won the soccer match and you should be here celebrating with me

Congrats on the win ya legend!! Come to Ireland!!!!! I’m ur #1 fan omg I love you calum pls plspls

calum(the frog) 2:07am

Shut up you liser

I meant loser smh

what do you want anyway lmao 

calum (the frog) 2:10am

I was just thinkin, yknow the way you live in Ireland and I’m in aus and theres no possible way of us meeting anytime soon?? I was thinking why don’t you and I both get like jobs and then you could send me the money you make to fly me over to you or I’ll send my money to you??? :D

Cal, I think its really cute that you want to put so much effort into meeting me, I do too but I just don’t think my parents will just so easily allow me to go over there or me going out to meet a stanger???:(

calum(the frog) 2:13am

I guess, im sorry its stupid but I just wanna meet you soon, its starting to make me sad I cant knock on your door everyday to go to the beach or something

Facetime now?? :))           

calum(the frog) is calling you…

Quickly I pulled my hair out of the horrible attempt of a ponytail on my head so it would cover the sides of my face. I flicked on the light switch of my bedside lamp. I almost instantly clicked the green button to accept the call the flow of music through my earphones stopping simultaneously. Within a few seconds I was greeted with a very happy looking Calum, his eyes covered with Ray Ban sunglasses and laying down outside, shirtless on what looked like a sunbed.

“LICI!!!!” Calum almost squealed, his face widening as he smiled. “I missed you, pretty!” he pouted slightly. 

“I missed you more, obv” I chuckled lightly watching as he made goofy faces at me. “Cheers for the wake up call, by the way.” I said the sarcasm evident in my voice.

“It’s all out of the love, lic,” Calum smiled cheekily, “anyway!! I have finished school for another dreadful year and its that time of year again where I need to send you a Christmas presen-“ I cut him off, “I swear to God, Cal, if you label the package ‘Felicity the Sex God’ again I will delete, block and unfollow you off every social media site.” I glared at his innocent face, which was held in a smirk.

“I thought it was quite humourous, c’mon no one even saw it!” My cheeks grew pink as I remember my older brother, James, slamming the door open to my door with an eyebrow raised, his face furious. I rolled my eyes, “Yeah, it wasn’t bad cause you didn’t have your brother questioning whether you were an online hooker.” 

Calum chuckled, pausing his action as his name was being called, “Wait, lic, I’ll have to call you back! Mum is going to kill me” I sighed, this always happened. One of us would have t leave all too soon and wouldn’t see each others faces for another few weeks. “I’m gonna go back to sleep then, I’ll talk to you tomorrow cal! Love ya” I smiled weakly through the lense, staring at his cute face.

“I’m really sorry ‘licity, I promise I’ll call you back tonight! Good luck with those finals as well you will do amazing, babes.” He smiled warmly, sitting up quickly. “Love ya too, pretty.” I waved slightly at the screen as he blew a kiss towards the screen waving as well. The screen began beeping and all too soon calum’s happy face disappeared from my life for another month or so. I locked my phone, putting it back on charge, removing the earphones and placing them on the bedside table.”

My phone buzzed once more, picking it up, I read. “y’know felicity, maybe one day we could break the distance… goodnight xx” I smiled softly, my thoughts getting all to much as I fell into a very uncomfortable sleep.

//

yeeeee!! here is the first chapter of break the distance, as you can see cal nd felicity are very close!! if you were wondering felicity is about to turn 17 and is in her last year of school!!! have a lovely day angels!!

-fayeeEee x