chapter five

chapter five // felicity's p.o.v.

Over the next few days I found a lot more peaceful and happier version of myself. It was obvious to everyone in my family that the golden sand and beaming sun brought out a better side of me. It was almost as if I had left all my worries and fears up in the air on that plane.

I watched from the warm sand as the crowded beach slowly became more empty as the suns rays began to disappear beyond the crystal blue ocean that was set before my eyes. Beautiful shades of pink, blue and violet surrounded my vision, making a smile appear on my face for what seemed like the millionth time in the past few days.

As I lay down on the sand I peered down towards the water as James carries a surfboard under one arm and smiling at someone with brown hair. I lay my head down once more while turning up the volume to the 1975 up. James was always over social with everyone no matter where we were, since we were both children he just seemed to be like the spokesman for both of us. I always very quiet and reserved and only spoke when I felt like I needed to.

The next few days panned out to be very eventful. Things such as exploring the city, climbing the Harbour Bridge and walking a lot. So when my parents announced that they James and I could have a day to ourselves, we were beyond ecstatic.

We spent the morning drifting in between markets along the beach front of Manly. By four 'o'clock we had gone through stages of crying laughing to just taking in the amazing scenery. Sitting at the back of the beach along the sand dunes we munched on some sandwiches and cakes we had bought from a local café.

"Did you see that guy I was talking to at the beach the other day?" I looked up scrunching my eyebrows vaguely remembering the guy with curly hair. I nodded, biting into the sandwich. "Vaguely, why'd ya ask?"

"Well he said that he and his friends go surfing every Friday morning and I was wondering if you'd cover for me-" I cut him off mid sentence. Lowering my voice down to a whisper.

"As if! J, we are literally on the other side of the world and you expect mum and dad not to worry where their son has gone at like 7am? You're dreaming, bro." I laughed at the optimism he had since we landed in the sunny country.

"C'mon I'll throw it in conversation when they're a bit tipsy and it'll be great craic ." I shook my head.

"Nope, no way. I'm not taking the blame when they get wake up and have a feckin' spaz because they're kid has disappeared."

James sighed. "Say what you will, I'm very persuasive. Don't worry sis, I'll be surfing tomorrow... I can assure you of that." I laughed to myself as he took out his phone to call for a cab.

// calum's p.o.v. //

The sight of sweating bodies around me almost made me happy to look at. I was finally back at soccer training after a week of sickness, I was definitely closer to Amber than I had ever been. I had given her a present, thanking her for taking care of me. She took it and left quickly with nothing but a slammed door as a goodbye. I shook my head ridding myself of the thought of her.

Dribbling the ball between my feet I kicked the ball towards where Luke was at the goals. The ball tipping off his finger rebounding it from going into the net. "Fuck." I mumbled to myself

Luke walked towards me and kicked the ball so it landed before my feet. "You've been away for a week and you missed everyone's little get together at some newbies house to watch match reruns." Bending down he tied his shoelace. "We're all going for a surf tomorrow by the way." He spoke, beginning to stretch his legs.

"Oh yeah, I'll go! Who was playing, then?" I spoke listing my shirt to rid myself of the sweat above my lip and forehead. I hadn't been to the beach in ages and I was more than excited to get out the house more often.