The Party Part 1

As I was being pulled back I braced myself for a fight. Quickly turning around I was about to punch someone until I looked down and saw Lilly smiling up at me.

All of my adrenaline quickly dissipated and my body relaxed. "That was amazing!" She yelled over the noise as I took off my helmet. "Thanks." I half yelled over everyone screaming and celebrating. I could sense she was nervous as she shifted and played with the bottom hem of her cheer uniform. I perked a brow at her and gave her a shy smile. My nerves were building as we stood there. "So Amy is throwing a victory party...are you going?" She asked and bit her bottom lip lightly. I stared at her lips a little to long before snapping out of it and looked back up at her eyes.

"I don't know...I'm not one for parties..." I said and scratched the back of my head. She poked my chest through my pads and said, "Come for a little while? It would be our first party together.." I saw her nervousness in her eyes and wondered why she was feeling like that. Maybe it was because we were talking again? Trying to get back to where we were before she left? Or that she genuinly felt awkward now due to how long we had been apart? Either way that adorable look on her face prohibited my ability to say no to her. Sighing lightly I smiled a little and said, "Okay fine...just for a little while."

She gave me a big bright smile as Amy walked around me and started dragging her away. "See you there! I'll save you a dance!" She called out before running off with Amy. Jace came up behind me and started pushing me to the locker room, going on about the party as we got ready.

After about an hour of us showering and getting dressed at his house we arrived at Amy's place. I decided on a pair of black skinny Jean's, my Nike high tops, and a bright red button up that Jace had talked me into wearing. 

As we walked into Amy's house I started scanning the crowds for Lilly, unsure of what I was going to do when I found her. Amy's house is huge with a pool in the back and a dirt bike track that her dad let me and Jace build. When my eyes finally landed on Lilly dancing by the pool I instantly froze, my eyes roaming up and down her body and the dress she was wearing was not helping me keep my composure.

She was wearing a bright red dress that hugged her perfectly and stopped just above mid thigh. She also had on black heels that made her legs look perfectly sexy. As I let my eyes roam over her I stopped as something suddenly dawned on me. Looking down at my shirt i perked a brow then looked up at a smirking Jace next to me. "Dude...tell me you did not intentionally make us match..." I said in a dangerous tone before he started laughing. "In my defense it is was Amy's idea." He said and pulled me towards the kitchen. "Let's get a drink." I looked at him and raised a brow before responding, "You know I don't drink."

Jace chuckled at me and handed me a shot of god knows what and said, "You need to loosen up bud. One shot won't hurt." He downed his shot easily while I just stared at mine, unsure if this was a good idea. "If you don't I know you will end up avoiding Lilly all night because you are too nervous to be around her. This will help ease some of those nerves." He said and grabbed himself a beer. I shook my head and set the small glass down. "I'm good man, I want to keep my head on straight and not make an ass of myself." I said and grabbed some water out of the fridge.

"Suit yourself man, I'm gonna get plastered and celebrate." Jace said with a large smile. I simply shook my head and followed him out to the back yard, trying to keep my nerves at bay as we searched for the girls.

A/N: Another chapter down! Thanks for reading!