I Blacked Out?

"Caleb....Caleb snap out of it!" 

I heard a familiar voice call out to me as I stood there, unsure of where I was at the moment. My heart was pounding, my vision was returning to normal slowly and I felt a pair of hands cupping my face gently. Blinking a few times I looked around the room, slowly the kitchen started to come into focus around me. 

Looking down I saw Lilly standing in front of me, worry and panic in her eyes. "Lilly?" I asked in a soft, quiet voice. Tears were forming in here eyes as I felt her thumb brush against my cheek. "What happened?" I asked and placed my right hand over her left on my face, slowly pulling it away. "That guy...Anderson I believe you called him, picked a fight with you. Two of his friends grabbed you and he started punching you. After about the fourth punch it's like something snapped in you....before I could process what was happening his friends were on the ground and Anderson was in the pool..." she said softly to me, moving her right hand to the back of my neck and gripped my hair softly. 

I just stared into her eyes, trying to read her emotions as she told me what happened. "You knocked the kid out with one punch...people had to pull him out of the pool before he drowned." she said softly as she looked into my eyes. I looked down at my hand and saw that my knuckles were bloody, knowing I must have hit him pretty damn hard.

"So....why are we in here?" I asked and sat on the bar stool behind me. I watched as bit her bottom lip lightly, pulling me into a sort of trance as I watched her. "Jace told me to bring you in here while he and Amy clear everyone out....said I was the only one that could calm you down right now.." she said as a slight blush formed on her cheeks. I perked a brow at her and winced at the pain it caused. Reaching up I touched just above my brow and realized I had a small gash that was bleeding. She moved over to the sink quickly as I sat there, looking at the blood on my fingers. When she came back she was holding a wet rag and started cleaning up my face. 

I stared into her eyes as she gently pressed the cool cloth to my brow. "Thank you.." she said softly, avoiding eye contact with me. "For what?" I asked softly to which she replied, "Defending me...though I'm sorry you got hurt..." I simply chuckled at her and pulled her hand away from my face slowly while reaching up and gently moving her face to look at me in the eyes. "I would do anything for you Lilly..." I told her, my eyes not leaving hers. She seemed taken back by my words, and her face turned a deep shade of red. 

She bit down on her bottom lip again, causing my heart to jump at the sight as it did every time. Lowering my gaze to her lips I reached up with my thumb, glad that my hand was still cupping her chin at this moment. I gently pulled her lip from between her teeth and traced her lower lip with my thumb slowly. Moving my gaze back up to her eyes I realized that she was looking at my lips as well, which made my heart pound even harder. Shit what is this girl doing to me... I thought as I reached my free hand out to lightly grip the bottom of her dress just above the hem and pulled her closer to me. 

Our faces were now inches apart and I could feel her hot breath brushing my face. Clenching my jaw I looked back down at her lips, seeing that they were slightly parted and her breathing became heavier. I felt myself leaning closer to her, and honestly I knew I wouldn't be able to stop myself at this point. "Caleb..." I heard her breath out as our lips drew closer to each other. "Yeah?" I whispered, my eyes still on her lips. 

"Hey! You two still in here?" We heard Jace call from the other room, causing her to all but jump back from me, her face crimson at this point. "Uh...yeah!" she called out and fixed her dress nervously. 

A/N: Thanks for reading! Let me know what you guys think!