√ 2 √

[ KINDA CRAZY BY SELENA GOMEZ]

Nishola stared outside of the class as she stared at the huge white and blue buildings. The bright sun had replaced the early morning cold breeze with a warm one.

She watched some of the students walk out of their classes to laboratories while some just lazed around.

"Miss Osanyibi, its as if my class has no usefulness to you" Mr Alabi, the Maths teacher said as Nishola turned to the man.

"I think you've got it all wrong sir" Nishola replied.

Mr Alabi frowned "Is that so? We were talking about this question;just now. Help us solve it" Mr Alabi said stretching the white board marker to Nishola.

Nishola stood up and walked towards the board. She collected the white board marker and walked to the  board. Nishola's expression didn't change as she started scribbling on the board.

Her beautiful writing was sprayed on the board as Nishola turned to Mr Alabi and offered him back the marker.

Mr Alabi collected it and glanced at the retreating girl as his eyes went back to the board. His eyes didn't mask his dazed look.

He had clearly seen Nishola looking out of the window for a while before he called her. She had only showed one thing, she was a genius.

Nishola didn't let her attention be stolen for the rest of the class.

"Hi Nishola" a girl greeted.

"Joyce, what can I do for you?" Nishola asked.

Joyce placed two intivations cards on her table.

"I'm inviting you guys to my weekend party" Joyce replied.

"Weekend party?" Yanmife asked.

"Not weekend like weekend, its a like a night party on Saturday" Joyce replied.

"Oh oh" Nishola replied.

"Time?" Yanmife asked.

"8pm" Joyce replied.

"We'll see you there" Yanmife replied as Joyce smiled and walked away.

"I didn't even agree" Nishola said as soon as Joyce was out of earshot.

"So? We are going" Yanmife replied putting the cards in her bag.

"I'm not" Nishola said.

"No you are not" Yamnife replied.

"Excuse me?" Nishola said.

"Its being a while you went out Nishola, you need this party okay?" Yanmife said as Nishola nodded.

The bell for break was rang as the students piled out of their classes.

Nishola let Yanmife do all the talking while the walked towards the cafeteria.

Somehow for the past one year, this particular dark skinned girl had managed to keep her standing and wheezing through life and school.

Her sarcasm had made her day light and sometimes she laughed for real.

Yanmife swiped her meal card as she picked snacks for Nishola and herself.

"You should have let me pay" Nishola said when Yanmife pulled her out of the line.

"You hate lining up" Yanmife replied with a grin as she gave her best friend her snacks.

"I didn't know this bastard was still alive" Yanmife said with an eyebrow raised.