√ 13 √

[ 5% TINT BY TRAVIS SCOTT]

"What's...... going..... on?" Nishola asked.

"There's something you should know" Damien said slowly.

Nishola looked at the trio confused.

"What is it?" Nishola asked her heart thumping, something told her whatever was the matter, she wasn't going to like it.

"Come with me" Damien said as he stretched his hand to Nishola. Nishola placed her hand in his as Damien clammed his hands over hers.

Nishola wore a lost look while Matthew drove back to school. Mathew drove to the school's dispensary and they got down.

"What are we doing here?" Nishola asked.

"I know you have a lot of questions but when we enter, half will be answered" Damien said with a small smile.

They walked straight to the Head Doctor's office.

The head doctor sighed upon sighting them before walking to one of the shelves and brought out six huge piles of hospital files.

"What are these?" Nishola asked confused.

"Check them first" Joel replied as Nishola walked towards the first pile and her eyes widened. Boldly written on the file was 'Osanyibi Oluwatofunmi Louis'.

"This is Tofunmi's file, such a huge file" Nishola murmured as she flipped it open as started going through the cards. Her eyes wore disbelief as she started checking them one by one.

Nishola went into a frenzy as she started going through all the files hurriedly. Nishola turned and saw her mom sobbing leaning on her dad.

"Mom, Dad, I don't understand, Tofunmi was sick? She was given all kinds of drips and placed on drugs for such a long time. What's going on?" Nishola asked.

"All I'm seeing is Fatigue, weight loss and easy bleeding and bruising, those are symptoms of what? She was suck and you guys never told me?" Nishola asked.

"Tofunmi had leukamia" Matthew said softly as Nishola froze. The papers in her hand fell to the ground immediately.

Wheels spun in Nishola's head as tears rushed to her eyes.

"Snr Matthew...... What....are..... you saying? Tofunmi had what?" Nishola asked stuttering.

Matthew took a sharp breadth before replying "She was diagnosed of leukamia when she was five".

Nishola dropped to the floor as she started shaking her head vigourously.

"No, no, no.... That's a lie. Tofunmi was never sick, are you guys making this up?" Nishola asked her teary eyes blazing.

"The symptoms of leukamia include fatigue, unnecessary weight loss, frequent infections, easy bleeding and lots more. Have you ever wondered why Tofunmi had excess love for chocolates and sugary things. She ate snacks like craze and foods that had fat a lot. Do you really think she wasn't scared of having a teeth problem or something?" Matthew replied

Nishola blinked her eyes in disbelief. Matthew was totally right. Tofunmi loved chocolates and sugary things that could easily make her fat but she never got fat. She even weighed less than 45. Nishola used to think her sister had a model like body. She remembered telling her that if she wanted to be a model, she wouldn't have to worry about her weight.

Tears streamed down Nishola's cheeks as she glanced at her parents.

"Is this...... true?" Nishola asked.