𝐢𝐯. 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒: 𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐄

❝𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋, 𝐈 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐖𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐔𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐄

❝𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋, 𝐈 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐖𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐔𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐄.❞

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

     Zuko didn't speak of last night's after-show events to his uncle, but Iroh definitely found it suspicious when he found Zuko that night dumbfoundedly staring into nothing at the back of the circus tent. As Iroh did put it last though, let bygones be bygones; it is a new day. Settling better in their new apartment home, Zuko had a good night's sleep, but rarely did this ever mean that he had any good dreams. It simply meant there weren't any bad ones, which he had all to thank for, nonetheless.

     At that moment, Zuko and Iroh had split ways for the day. Iroh had ventured through the town to find them jobs while Zuko had tried to find his way to the marketplace to buy food and supplies with what little money they had left. Coupled with some awkward asking of directions and following of vegetable carts, Zuko eventually arrived at the marketplace. It was just as booming as the city square.

     Make sure to buy some tea! Iroh's voice rang in Zuko's head; his uncle really made sure he wouldn't forget. Zuko paid for two fishes in the nearest stall then finally made his way through the crowd to find a merchant that sold tea. After some paces and some squeezing through's, he found a merchant in the far corner of the marketplace. The merchant did sell tea, but it was among other things too--trinkets, bracelets, pins, and stones just to name a few. Zuko never really cared for tea nor thought much about these trivial tasks, so he settled--mediocre or sketchy as the merchant may be. He was about to ask for a bag of one of the teas on display, but another customer had walked in from the opposite direction, cutting him off.

     "Sir, I've got to know," the stranger said, beaming and all, "how much are you selling that red cord bracelet for?"

     "I'd like to buy a bag of those tea leaves." Zuko said blatantly, walking ever so slightly closer to the merchant than the other customer, "The green ones on the left."

    "Excuse me," The stranger scoffed, clearly offended, "I was first."

     "How much?" Zuko continued, swiftly placing the amount needed on the palm of the merchant's hand after the price was told to him.

     "Hey!" The stranger shouted, finally getting Zuko's attention.

     And suffice to say, Zuko's luck that day was just impeccable. It was none other than last night's dancer, Sora. Nose scrunched and fuming at the ears, she faced Zuko in the marketplace clad in civilian clothing. She looked more like Shei than ever, but Zuko wasn't even given time to say any of that before Sora spoke again.

     "No way." Sora gaped, "It's you again."

     If Zuko were any less awkward, perhaps he would have said more, but it was too early in the morning and too hot of a day. The only thing he managed to say was yeah.