𝐯. 𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐞

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄: 𝐂𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐈𝐂𝐄

❝𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐍, 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐍 𝐔𝐏! 𝐈 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐂𝐔𝐏𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐄𝐀 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐘𝐎𝐔

❝𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐍, 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐍 𝐔𝐏! 𝐈 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐂𝐔𝐏𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐄𝐀 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐘𝐎𝐔.❞

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

     Well over a few days have passed since the marketplace, but Zuko had always caught glimpses of Sora here and there as well as the rest of her troupe. Apparently, the Duchess Phoenix had still been performing in Ba Sing Se for a few nights. Besides this, Zuko and Iroh had also eventually found themselves jobs at a local tea shop. It wasn't so popular initially, but the presence of its new workers definitely drew more customers. It was also helpful that the tea shop was stationed near the city square.

     Hence, the shop found itself having numerous customers from those who decided to watch the Duchess Phoenix. Zuko didn't necessarily find the job troublesome, but any sort of customer service was never an ideal. Presently, he was relieved to know his shift was almost over, but that relief would soon be broken with a last hurrah of troubles as Sora entered the shop. Zuko just nearly monotonously finished his required welcome greeting before immediately stiffening in shock.

     He was faced with none other than a pleasantly surprised Sora who was donning a happy grin, "Prince Zuko!"

     Zuko panicked, hurriedly telling her to hey, shut up! and quiet down! before anyone had heard them talking. Luckily, no one did, except for maybe Zuko's uncle who had raised an eyebrow while serving the table to Zuko's left. 

     "So, the prince of the Fire Nation works in a tea shop?" Sora whispered teasingly, "Wow, I'd never have thought that our future Fire Lord would have worked in customer service."

     Zuko looked at her deadpan, "Just tell me your order. Also, I'm not really a prince right now."

     "Either way, I'd rather hope you to be the next Fire Lord than your sister actually. I've been all over the world with the troupe. The rumors are crazy. Is she really crazy?"

     "She is. What's your order?"

     "I was just trying to make small talk." She frowned, "I'll have a Jasmine tea then. Just one cup."

     Zuko waited for more orders, but it seemed like Sora really just wanted one small cup of tea, "...Anything else?"

     "No." She smiled.

     "Okay. Fine. Got it."

     "Sorry, what was that?" 

     Zuko rolled his eyes, "I'm not going to say yes, ma'am if that's what you're hoping for."

     "Killjoy." Sora teased.

     Zuko left and returned with Sora's one cup of jasmine tea, but just after Zuko had turned to serve other customers, Sora had downed the drink in a few big gulps and proceeded to call him back, "I want another cup."

     "Just get it with the pot," Zuko replied.

     "Oh, no thanks. I don't think I can finish that much." She smirked.

     Zuko stared at her, dead-eyed, before bowing and leaving to get another cup. It was wholly passive-aggressive and so was the serving of the tea, which was met with a gulping down from Sora once more. She ordered another and another until she had ordered eight cups of Jasmine tea. She even specifically asked for Lee when other waiters came to serve her.

     "This is your ninth cup of tea," Zuko said as he placed the cup on her table.

     "Yeah," She grinned, "and you bet I want another."

     "Hm, that's too bad, because my shift is over after this. Bother someone else."

     "Wait, what?" Sora frowned, but much to her dismay, Zuko had already turned around and entered the staff area.

     There, he took off his apron and waved goodbye to his uncle who had just then stopped by the kitchen to obtain his next tray of tea. After that, Zuko had gone on his way to exit through the back door. For a moment, he wondered if he was being too harsh on Sora, then he began to angrily question why she just had to look so much like Shei. That was even probably the reason why he was feeling bad in the first place. Truly, he couldn't remember the last time something this trivial bothered him this much, and when he turned the corner to enter the busy streets, there was his problem waiting right in front of him.

     He said nothing at first then rolled his eyes.

     "What kind of reaction is that?" Sora laughed, "Come on, lighten up! I just ordered nine cups of tea to spend time with you. It was supposed to be funny."

     "You have a weird way of having fun."

     "How do you have fun then, oh-glorious-Prince?"

     "I don't."

     "Right," She only laughed, "But how do you really?"

     Zuko's eyebrows stitched together, unsure of what was unclear with his answer.

     "You're kidding, right?" She gaped, "Please tell me you're kidding."

     "I don't really try to have fun."

     "Why not?"

     "Because I don't need to." He said blankly before walking away.

     "What are the things you need to do then?" Sora asked, taking bigger strides to try and keep up with him.

     "Why are you following me around?"

     Still completely ignoring him, Sora gasps, "Don't tell me. The rumors about you have been quiet for a while now, but are you really still hellbent into finding the Avatar?"

     "I-" He twitched, wondering what sort of rumors have spread, "Yes."

      At this, Sora stopped. She thought about something for a moment and thought about it very deeply. She looked up at his eyes after some time and examined them. And as if she had found what she was looking for, her features suddenly softened, and Zuko wondered if it was a face of pity or sympathy. For certain though, she had a change of heart.

     She patted him on the shoulder and sighed wistfully, "Whatever, never mind. I'm sorry for bothering you so much. Can I make it up to you?"

     "It's..." He shook her hand away, "It's fine. I don't care anymore."

     "Let me treat you to dinner is what I'm saying."

     "I don't care."

     "Please."

     "I said I didn't care anymore."

     "I know, and I said please."

     Zuko looked at her from the corner of his eye. She didn't look like she was planning on giving up. To speak matter of factly, she actually wasn't, and considering the amount of tea she had decided to buy just moments before to spend time with him, he didn't want to think about what she would do if he kept saying no. Perhaps, it would also be a nice experience, but he would never admit having ever thought that.

     "...Fine."

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

"Shei or not, you're really troublesome."