one

Ally sighed, the girls were dragging her out to the roller rink on their off day. She didn't want to go, but knew the girls did and would be upset if she didn't come along.

"I'm so excited!" Normani squealed as they arrived in the parking lot. Ally nodded slightly, cutting the engine and getting out.

"I really don't know if I even know how to skate," Dinah said, looking at the rink as they walked in.

"I'm sure you'll be fine," Lauren waved her off. The girls paid and retrieved their roller skates.

Ally was the first to finish tying her skates together. She looked over at the other girls to make sure their skates were tight enough, she didn't want any of the girls spraining their ankles before tour.

"I'm ready!" Lauren smiled, standing up. Ally giggled and nodded as she rose to her feet.

"Let's go!" Dinah clapped as she and Normani stood together.

Normani and Lauren easily got the hang of it as Ally and Dinah stayed near the wall.

"Why is this so hard?" Ally whined. Dinah chuckled behind the girl, starting to get it.

"C'mon Als, one foot in front of the other," Dinah said encouragingly. Ally smiled sheepishly.

The girls flowed with the crowd in a counter clockwise motion. Normani and Lauren began racing, Dinah chose to stay with Ally in case anything happened to her.

"How come you aren't playing with them?" Ally asked Dinah, who was skating next to her with ease.

"I'm not going to sweat in this cute outfit," Dinah gestured to her clothes. Ally giggled.

"Typical," Ally said with a roll of the eyes.

"I'm starting to get hungry," Dinah added.

"Well why don't we go take a break and order pizza? They're going to tire out in a few minutes anyway," Ally suggested, looking at Normani and Lauren carefully weave through people on the other side of the rink.

"Okay," Dinah shrugged. They took the nearest exit out of the rink and stood in line.

"D I'm going to get a table," Ally said, watching the number of tables decline as more people came out of the rink. Dinah nodded. Ally got out of line and sat at a table for four.

Ally rested her head in her hand. She furrowed her eyebrows at what she looked at. She was unsure if she was seeing correctly so she looked away and looked back. Nope, she was seeing correctly.

Ally immediately recognized a little and her caregiver.

It wasn't uncommon and wasn't out of the norm, so people didn't really care all too much. She was beginning to cry while her caregiver took her skates off. Ally's eyes would flicker between the scene and the rink, not wanting to be seen staring.

Dinah sat next to Ally with a box of pizza and a pitcher of sprite, plastic cups balancing on the box.

"Aw she's so precious," Dinah said. Ally furrowed her eyebrows and looked in the direction Dinah was looking in. Dinah was talking about the little Ally had seen, who now had a pretzel in hand and a bright smile with tear stains on her cheeks. Her caregiver gave her hair a toss as they walked away.

Ally didn't say anything, and didn't have to because Normani and Lauren joined them. Normani and Lauren both had shiny foreheads and tired smiles.

"Y'all are sweating," Dinah laughed, fanning the two girls in front of her.

"That was so much fun! I haven't had this much fun in a while," Normani beamed.