The Promise of Eternal Love

The cherry blossoms are falling from the tree where two figures sat underneath the tree. One is holding the other, who is dying.

"(Y/N)... don't cry." The dying man says as he lifts his blood-stained hands to stroke the cheeks of the woman holding him.

"Hajime... " She held on his hands that rested on her cheeks, "Hajime... Don't leave me."

The man smiled sadly at her.

"I may not have...... fulfilled my...... promise to you, that we.... would be wedded.....escape together, live happily.....and have a family of our own."

His speech was interrupted as he began coughing up blood.

"Hajime! Please don't try to speak!" (Y/N) said in a shaky voice as she desperately hugged his increasingly cold body.

"I promise in our next life, I'll make you happy." Hajime coughed up some more blood again, "Fall in love with you. Create a happy life with you."

(Y/N) looked at Hajime one last time; he noticed the hairpin he gave her that was donned on her hair.

"You finally wore it......" He said as he smiled and reached towards the hairpin.

(Y/N) silently nods her head.

Hajime smiled at her, "It looks.... good on...you."

"Hajime... you can rest now......I will always love you for eternity." (Y/N) said as she kissed his cold lips and held his cold hands.

"I will...also love you...for eternity....(Y/N)....."

As he said those words his hands slipped from hers, his body grew cold as a smile remained etched on his face.

"Sleep well...Hajime..." (Y/N) said as she stroked his cold cheeks.

She looked upon the cherry tree as she let her tears slip from her face.

"I'll see you soon, my beloved."

(A/N) Happy birthday to my sister @Ditzy_Bubbles may you love this fiction I'll do You and Hawks soon but let me focus on one fiction xD