Pilot

edited

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗔𝗗𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗔𝗗𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡

"KIDS, BREAKFAST. NOW!" Claire Dunphy called out, moving a few strands of hair out of her face and yawning lightly as she turned to open the fridge; grabbing the left over OJ.

The morning light seeped through the windows of her home, early birds chirping away outside as Claire manoeuvred about her kitchen to make breakfast. Phil Dunphy noticed his busy wife and greeted her happily as he usually did every morning, quickly kissing her cheek and pulling out his phone; walking past her to reach their coffee machine.

A smile formed on Claire's face and she went back to flipping a few of her pancakes, before turning to Phil; having noticed his clothes.

"Honey, what's with the workout clothes?" Claire inquired, glancing over her husbands outfit; a black top with a navy blue jacket overtop and a pair of dark grey shorts.

"What? I workout, just because me and Joseph don't run six miles a day like you-"

"Eight. I run eight." She corrected.

Phil looked up from his phone, mouth agape as he reached over and grabbed a clean mug from the dish rack; placing it under the dispenser, his eyes still on Claire, "You run eight miles a day?, that's like three thousand miles a year!."

The blonde rolled her eyes but grinned smugly; overjoyed at the praise and attention, "it's not that impressive Phil- KIDS, BREAKFAST!" She called out, but received no response.

"Not impressive? You could run to Hawaii." Phil said, Claire turned around to face her husband; who was violently tapping his screen, the familiar sound of the angry birds tune made her sigh heavily and turn back around.

"Phil, honey, could you please get them?" She pleaded.

"Yep, in just a... sec.." Phil said, opening the fridge door and grabbing an apple, his eyes glued to the phone screen in his hands.

Claire rolled her eyes and grumbled about her husbands lack of help, she flipped a few more pancakes before turning around - pancake batter bowl in hand - only for her to bang into the fridge's open door and spilling the leftover batter everywhere.

"Are you kidding me- PHIL!"

Her voice made Phil jump back, causing him to knock his head on the cabinet. He looked from Claire then to the spilt batter on the floor and was unable to form a proper sentence, his head throbbing with pain as he reached up to rub the bump. Claire glared up at him, annoyed.