6

B E A T R I Z

"Ngayon ka lang naka-uwi?"

I looked at the person who is sitting in the sofa in our living room.

"Hehe. I'm sorry kuya." I scratched the back of my neck and he looked at me with an 'unbelievable look'.

"Naku, Isabel ha. I bet, mom and dad doesn't know about this."

He crossed his arms which made me laugh.

"Pffftt! Kuya, stop crossing your arms and the sermon. You're like daddy na!"

He just rolled his eyes on me and stood up to put his arms above my shoulder.

"Just tell me where did you go."

"Kuya, I talked to the NBI agent na college friend ko."

"Really? Who's that guy?" he asked me as we made our way to the kitchen.

Midnight snacks.

"Si kuya Ysay. You know him, right?"

"Ohh. Si Ysay Marasigan? Yeah. NBI agent na pala yun?" he asked as he opened the refrigerator and get some cakes for the both of us.

"Yup. Na-contact ko siya two days ago, and I hired him as my private investigator about Jia's case."

"What? Bei, may permission ba ng family ni Jia tong ginagawa mo?"

I shook my head and he looked at me with big eyes, though he can't.

"What were you thinking? If they found out that you are doing your own investigation, ano na lang mangyayari sayo? And of course, if Miguel knew about this, he'll sue you."

"No, they won't. And I don't have a plan to tell them about this. I just wanted to make my own investigation, kuya. Afterall, this is the reason why I went back home." I said and my kuya just stared at me.

I sighed. "Come on, kuya. Just support me with this. Kung aksidente talaga ang nangyari, walang mawawala sa akin kung ipapa-investigate ko ulit tong nangyari. But if it isn't really an accident, then...magbabago lahat."

"Tsk tsk tsk. Pasalamat ka Beatriz at kapatid kita. I'll let you do what you want. But don't put yourself in danger, okay? Ayokong mapahamak ka na naman dahil sa mga gusto mong gawin."

"Don't worry, kuya. Hindi mangyayari yun."

I tapped his shoulder as we started eating the cake before we finally go to our respective rooms.

I locked my room's door and made my way to my bed.

I sat down at the edge of it and removed my shoes and was about to lay in my bed when I grazed my sight in the picture frame above my side table.

It was my last picture with Jia.

"I promise I'm going to find out everything Ju."

I whispered as I remembered what kuya Ysay and I talked about a while ago.

"Bei!"

"Kuya Ysay!" I smiled at him and we had a fist bumped before hugging each other.

"Wow, I can't believe I can see you walking again." he said after we parted from the hug.

"Well...someone helped me." I smiled as I remember her again.

"Mukhang okay na okay ka na ha?" he asked.

"Hmm, medyo. That's why I want to talk to you about something."