11

J H O A N A

"I never thought we would meet in a place like this." she chuckled and wiped the small tears that went out of her eyes.

I wasn't able to hold back but I still tried not to cry in front of her, so I did it silently, shakingly.

"B-Bea..." I tried to control myself from shaking but I just can't.

She took a step to go near me.

So I looked at her legs and feet. While she's walking towards me.

I couldn't imagine. That two years ago, I was with her, trying to push her wheel chair so that she could move.

And now, she's already walking on her own again. No wheel chairs, no crutches, and most importantly, no heavy feelings in her heart.

She walked until she is just a step away for me.

"Hoooooh." she sighed deeply, making her shoulders go up and down.

I wasn't able to talk nor move. I was just there, looking at Bea's face. She doesn't changed that much, aside from her posture na mukhang bumalik na talaga sa normal. She's really a tall lady. I could easily find her in a sea of people.

She looked at Jia's tomb, and then back at me.

She smiled. "Thank you for always visiting her, Jho."

I wiped the little tears in my cheeks and nodded at her.

I just couldn't talk. I couldn't believe she's here now. I kept on crying droplets of tears when Bea suddenly lifted up her hands and initiated to wipe my little tears using her two thumbs.

And by the time she touched my face, I felt the same feelings I have felt when I first touch her skin.

Lub...dub...lub...dub...lub...dub...

"Can I even hug you, doc?" she playfully asked.

I chuckled a bit but nodded anyway.

She spread her arms as if calling me to hug her.

I stepped and filled the space between our feet. I am not yet hugging her but I am already feeling her scent. Still the same perfume she wears before.

"Apakabagal naman Jho eh." she lost her patience and pulled me in a hug.

I was shocked at first, but then, she was not yet letting go, so I decided to wrap my arms around her waist.

And closed my eyes as I rested my head on her left shoulder and inhaled her perfume.

Lord, if this is just a dream, please don't wake me up just yet.

"Hey..."

I looked up to take a look at her.

"This isn't a dream." she stiffled a laugh.

I rolled my eyes and let go of the hug.

It's not like I don't want to hug an Isabel Beatriz de Leon. Of course I do. But not in this kind of place. Nakakahiya kay Jia. We should respect her and her home now, diba?