"I missed you."

[Monday, June 1, 2020]

Incoming call from Mother ducker

"Hey."

"Woah let it ring two times at least. Were you already pressing the green button when I called?"

"Oh shut up lameo I told you your jokes suck."

"Lameo? That's a new one."

"Nothing satisfies me when it comes to your nicknames because none of them fit you."

"Oh thank you. I'm flattered."

"They don't fit you because they're too decent for you."

"I missed you."

"..."

"..."

"Why didn't you call yesterday then?"

"Awww did you miss me too?"

"Oh please, you wish. But why didn't you call?"

"Were you waiting for me to call?"

"H-how did you get that out of what I said? I'm just asking you why you didn't call, jeez."

"Right. Well I missed you too weirdo. And to answer your question my mom made me go shopping with her and let me tell you that woman turns into a monster the moment she steps into a mall. She made me carry like a hundred bags of clothes and when we got home my brothers barged into my room while I was trying to relax and made me play with them till like midnight! And then I didn't wanna disturb your sleep so I just went to sleep since I also had to go back to college in the morning."

"What an interesting day you've had."

"Right? But anyway, why didn't you call?"

"..."

"..."

"Me?"

"Is there anyone else in the line cause I thought it was only the two of us."

"Ugh shut up K."

"I see you haven't forgotten my nickname."

"If you mention my "supposedly bad memory" I swear to God-"

"What are you gonna do? Hang up on me? We have a deal, remember? Now answer the question."

"What question?"

"..."

"Fine... I just-- I don't call people okay?!"

"You don't... You don't call people."

"Yup."

"Why?"

"Because... I just don't."

"I'm gonna sit here waiting for an explanation so take your time."