6

Felix rushed down the stairs after he woke up late, his alarm not going off despite swearing he set it. "Mum, Mum, Mum!" He kept shouting, running into the kitchen where he heard a laugh from his mother. His father was there too, reading a newspaper at the breakfast bar.

"What is it, honey?" She asked as she took some toast out of the toaster. Felix had only woken up moments ago and the sudden movement was making his head spin.

"Are you going to church today? Can I go with you?" He asked.

His mother looked down at the watch on her wrist and then back up at Felix's messy bed hair and baggy pyjamas, "if you're ready in five minutes, yes."

"Great, thank you!" Felix grinned, kissing her on the cheek before rushing back upstairs, wasting no time.

"Why's he so excited about go to church? I thought he didn't believe in that stuff?" Felix's father asked as he started to butter a piece of toast in front of him. His wife had a grin on her face and he knew he'd missed something. "What? What's that look for?"

"I think this has something to do with a boy he was telling me about the other day."

"Ok, still, what does that have anything to do with church?"

"Because he likes one of Justin and Rose's foster kids."

"The weird kids?" Felix's dad asked, earning him a slap on the arm.

"They're not weird. Don't call them that."

"I'm ready!" Felix announced as he walked back into the kitchen. He wore the most formal thing he'd found in his wardrobe. It wasn't the smartest outfit, a plain white shirt with a dark blue jumper over the top; black jeans underneath. He was no way near as dressed up as Jeongin would be, but it was better than the t-shirts and shorts he usually wore.

"You look lovely, darling," his mother smiled, passing him a plate with a piece of toast on it. "Eat up and then we'll get going, yeah?"

🍓🍓🍓

Felix and his mother were almost late to church. His mother had a knack for that, being late to almost everything she went to, but luckily they made it seconds before the service started.

As Felix looked around the building, he realised it was a lot smaller than it looked from the outside. There were only ten or so rows of pews and most of them were already occupied. Felix couldn't see Jeongin but he could see some of the other foster kids sat in the front few rows with their foster mother who didn't look like the most inviting lady.

Felix's mother was about to take a seat in one of the pews near the front until Felix tapped her shoulder. "Can we sit at the back?" He whispered, not wanting Jeongin to see him if he appeared. Felix didn't want Jeongin to think he was stalking him. He was merely interested in him, that's all.

"Why, sweetie? You're not shy are you?" His mother teased but Felix only shrugged. She chuckled but lead the way towards the back of the church anyway.

The elderly ladies on the row before them concealed Felix from the eyes of everyone else when he slumped down in the seat. He'd been sitting there for barely a minute when the pastor began the service. He spoke a few words, ones that Felix tried to pay attention to but he was more focused on where Jeongin could have been. He started to think going to church had been pointless, but then he appeared. He walked out of a backroom, following behind a few other people of all ages. The choir.

Felix's eyes were fixed on Jeongin as the pianist started to play and the choir sang. Jeongin looked a lot shyer than everyone else. While they sang their hearts out, Jeongin's mouth barely moved and he avoided looking at the audience at all costs. He looked as if he didn't want to be up there.