Love is in the air----Race

Have you ever read a story where the beginning has a cool action scene to start it off? Or maybe a dark room where two people meet to discuss things?

Sorry to burst your bubble but this one starts out by playing cards.

"Two sevens." Jojo lays down two cards.

"Cheat!" I exclaim and turn over the cards.

The first one was a seven.

The second was a king.

"Race, you're the cheat!" Albert yells. "How do you always win?!"

"Cause he's been doing this for a while." Esther said. "One eight."

"One nine." Albert says.

The game continues on for a few more minutes until Jojo lays down his last card.

"Since the game's over, I'm going down to Brooklyn to see Spot." I grab my cap and go to the door.

"Just wait. Are you sure you aren't forgetting anything?"

"Yeah, I'm sure!"

Buttons holds up my bag.

"Oh right! Thanks." The bag contains papers but they aren't for selling. I've been writing poetry with the help of Romeo about my relationship with Spot and I even got Jack to draw a few pictures of us and have been saving them for our anniversary. Today is that day.

"Bye guys!"

"Bye!" Crutchie says and waves. I put my bag on my shoulder and start to heading to Brooklyn.

Sorry this part is so short. I needed some way to start the story so I was like, "A game of bullshit would be lovely here!" The next parts get better and more eventful.

Also, this book will mention Esther, Harvey, Cole. If you are confused as to who they are, these are OCs I created for my other Newsies story, Extra, Extra. I would suggest reading that first so you don't get confused.

Also I was reading Betrayal and Trust  by ChloelineLynnCaro and the continuation by VarianRuddiger and I liked the way they wrote some of their chapters. They had a song at the top and put lyrics of the song in random parts of the chapter and I plan to do that in the upcoming chapters.

Thanks for reading!