Not what it looks like---Spot

I am anxiously waiting for Race's arrival. It's our anniversary tonight and I have a surprise for him. He's always said he wanted to go to the Sheep's Head to watch a race there, not just sell there. So instead of selling tomorrow, we're sneaking in to see the races. But we'll get tickets this time so we can actually watch from the stands and not from the gates. I also have a pack of coronas in my pocket.

Suddenly, a Brooklyn newsie comes running at me. This one is Bridges, because we met on the Brooklyn Bridge.

"Spot! Spot! There's something you need to see."

"What is it?" I ask. I really shouldn't leave the gates in case Race comes.

"It's a girl and she needs help. Fast. Come with me." Bridges takes off like a shot and I have no choice but to follow. Two of my other newsies are trying to wake up an unconscious girl. She has freckles everywhere and her black hair was matted with blood. She was black and blue everywhere, the  bruises were mostly on her face though. You could see them through her shirt, that's how bad they were. She was bleeding real bad. She wore a black shirt and had a long gray skirt with black tights and heels.

 She wore a black shirt and had a long gray skirt with black tights and heels

"She must have taken a major soaking. Take her back to the Lodging House. I'll get her something to stop the bleeding." I say. They nod and carry the girl. Before I go to tend to her, I check the gates again for Race.

He isn't there.

I frown. I want to stay but I have to help this girl. I enter the Lodging House and see the girl is awake.

"We'll leave you two alone." The newsies leave the Lodging House and the girl smiles.

"Glad to see you awake. What happened?" I say, glancing at the door.

"I was strolling through the city when I bumped into this man. He asked me if I was lost and I said yes. He showed me where I needed to go and I told him I should leave. Then he punched me in the gut and then to the head. Before I could defend myself, I was knocked out cold."

"Huh." I say. It's a strange story, but it isn't an uncommon situation. Her eyes are looking at me strangely like she wants to flirt with me, but can't find the words.

"Will you sit next to me?" She asks. Odd request, I thought.

"Um, okay." I slowly walk over to her and sit down. She inches closer. I inch backwards. She inches closer. I inch backwards. I stand up.

"I'm going to get something to stop the bleeding." I turn to leave but she grabs my hand.

"Won't you stay?" She pulls my arm so I'm back on the bed. I'm moving as far away from her as I can but I hit the wall.

I'm trapped.

"I have to meet someo-" I'm cut off by her kissing me. I struggle to get her off me but she just kisses me harder.

She forces her tongue into my mouth. I'm about to try to get up and leave but she grabs my hair and pulls me back into her lips.

The PG line is now crossed.

She just unbuttoned my shirt.

I push her away. "Please....stop."

She starts to undo hers and I try to make a beeline for it but she grabs my foot and I fall.

This mystery girl pins me down and lays on top of me, kissing my neck.

Right then and there, someone opens the door to the Lodging House.

"Spot?"

I turn to face the person and my heart sinks.

"Hey Race."