Sinking in the Ocean---Race

So I have a quick author's note before the chapter starts. In the last chapter, it had said the newsies were going to be on the move tomorrow. I changed it to three days because an awesome idea just swam through my head. Then, I realized I had forgotten Romeo and I think I had forgotten one more so I added them in. And lastly, I fixed one of Spot's lines because of an inconsistency with the last time he saw Race. So yeah there it is. Enjoy the chapter! And grab your tissues cause lots of stuff will go down soon that I guarantee you will not like...

"Well, well, well. He's finally stirred."

My eyes finally opened. I'm laying in a dark room. I feel a liquid soaking my blond curls. I'm now on my knees, trying to see if I can find an exit. This room has no light source that I can see so that's out. I feel around and I find something sort of shocking. There's also a post thing sticking out of the cold, hard ground with a rope right next to it. I look around for the source of the voice.

"Where are you?" I ask. I hear the owner of the voice walk around me.

The same, cold, disembodied voice spoke once again.

"So you are the one and only Racetrack Higgins, current boyfriend of Spot Conlon. Let me see now."

The little room was suddenly filled with light. I see about a dozen boys, one of them being the boy with the scar, and one girl.

I instantly recognize the girl. She's the same one that was kissing Spot.

"Good job, boys. We got the right one. And a special thanks to you, Sydney, for the acting and getting the ball rolling."

Acting.

Spot wasn't lying.

I want to kick myself. Why didn't I go back and try to talk it out like we normally do?

"Remember me?" Sydney asks sweetly, as if she didn't just rape my boyfriend.

I just nod, disgusted with her and myself.

The scarred leader laughs. "I suppose you want to know why you are here."

"Yes! Of course I'd like to know-"

"LET ME FINISH!" He yells, throwing a punch at my eye.

I ducked it but got punched in the head instead. It was so hard that I almost was knocked off my knees. My hand flew to my head where his hand had hit.

He snickered at this and moved closer.

"Oh, Racetrack. I'm offended you don't remember me."

I'm puzzled. But as I stare into his eyes, I instantly remember him.

Scar.

His name was Patrick Abbott. He used to be a Manhattan newsie but was kicked out for being too violent. The kid soaked everyone who didn't agree with him. In a way, he was worse than the Delanceys. 

I was eleven when he came. He was about fourteen.

For some reason, Henry and I were his punching bags. We were the weakest in his eyes and I could never figure out why.

And from the way this conversation has gone, I just know that once again, I'm kneeling before him, ready to become his punching bag again.

Sorry I couldn't update this sooner! I got my phone taken away so yeah. I'm at school and I have some time before the bell rings so this is how I thought I would spend that time.

The relationship between Race and Scar becomes a lot worse. I also have some bigger plans for Sydney. She was supposed to be just a background character but I got another awesome idea.

Hope you liked it!