Lights-------3rd Person POV

So I have another song chapter finally!!! I was listening to this song and got inspired to put it as my song for this chapter. I love Dabin so much and was literally so happy when I realized I could use another song for a chapter in the future. So yeah I now have a lot of the end of the book planned out but nothing in the middle 🤣🤣 Either way, here we go!

It's been about 7 hours since Racetrack had been given the talk. He sat there, alone, quaking in fear, his thoughts attacking him viciously.

After making the decision to ask why Scar was so violent, he had also been given a brutal beating. Blood seeped from so many places, Race thought he would die right then and there. But here he was, still breathing.The poor blond had now learned what the pole was for. He told Race it was for difficult people. Scar had tightly bound his wrists together with itchy rope and then, using another piece of rope, tied him to the pole like an animal. He didn't like being this vulnerable. But Race really only gave his attention to the thing tbat had been bothering him for the past hours.

Spot Conlon.

(Start song here! 🎵)

I'm not sure why
Running away, running away now
Feels right with you

In that moment, Race wanted it to be like the old days. The days where he and Spot could just run off together and nothing would matter at all.

Cause God knows we tried
Numbing the pain, hiding away now
So I'll play pretend with you

Race knew that people really hated individuals like him. They used hateful words, punches, and other things to show that they were unnatural and weren't wanted.

But when he looked at Spot, everything was perfect. So Race closed his eyes and pretended he was here right next to him. He looked into his sparkling brown eyes and buried his face into his shoulder. He felt Spot rubbing his back and holding his hand, softly saying it would be okay.

But would it?

Cause some nights I can't explain the way I feel
The way I'm wired
You make things seem so clear
So we could leave the lights out

The pretend Spot soon faded away as frightening quarries filled his brain. Race tried pushing out the bad thoughts and tried to focus on all the good memories they had had together, because he was convinced they couldn't make any more.

If you're sick of questioning the weight that comes with every hour
But in the night with you it's clear
So we can leave the lights out

Race was sick of the same questions being asked over and over again.

Will anyone find me?

Will I ever see Jack and Esther and everyone else again?

What if I close my eyes tonight and they never open again?

We can leave the lights out

After a really long time, he finally ceased the voices and found sleep.

《~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~》

Meanwhile, the newsies who would be going on the expedition said their goodbyes. They really didn't know when or if they would come back so they had to make these moments last. The people going were Jack, Esther, Crutchie, Davey, Les, Katherine, Specs, Albert, Harvey, Cole, and himself. The rest would stay here.