Chapter 1

Link's POV
I've had the strangest few days, I woke in the shrine of resurrection just under a week ago. I had spoken to the old man who inhabited on the great plateau who gave an insane runaround for spirit orbs from shrines if that wasn't enough for me to endure he eventually revealed himself to be the previous king of Hyrule and told me I had to stop Calamity Ganon, save Zelda....and Hyrule too of course before giving directions to Kakariko village where I was to seek out the elder Impa to try and restore my lost memory.

I stood currently in Impa's house, ready for anything she was ready to tell me. "Before Princess Zelda went to nobly meet her fate.....she entrusted me with some words she wished to say to you." She sighed before continuing "I have waited one hundred years to deliver the princess's message......However! These words, the princess risked her life to leave you if you are to hear them that is." "You must be prepared to risk your life as well, but I am afraid that burden may be too much for you to bear while you are still without your memories." She gave me the option wait until I felt ready to hear Zelda's words but I didn't want to wait I felt like I was being to drawn to hearing these words that would lead me elsewhere in time.

I knew it. "Impa, I am ready to hear these words. I feel ready to even without my memories and feel reassured I am ready to risk my life for the princess and for Hyrule." She smiled "ha! Not a memory to your name, yet here you are as intent as ever to charge forward with only courage and injustice on your side." I nodded as she continued "you have not changed one-bit hero. Once a hero, always a hero. Very well, since you have lost your memory I will recount your for all that occur 100 years ago."

I listened intensely as she told me the tale. "The history of the royal family is also the history of Calamity Ganon, a primal evil that has endured over the ages. This evil has turned back time and time again by the warrior wielding the soul of the hero, and a princess who carries the blood of a goddess. With the passage of time, each conflict with Ganon faded into legend. So listen closely as I tell you this 'legend' that occurred 10,000 years ago." I nodded for her to continue on.

"Hyrule was then blossoming as a highly advanced civilisation. Even the most powerful monsters posed little threat to the denizens of the realm, the people thought it wise to utilise their technological prowess. This was to ensure the safety of the land should Calamity Ganon ever return. They constructed four mechanical wonders that came to be known as the divine beasts, They also built a legion of autonomous weapons called Guardians. The divine beasts were piloted by four individuals of expectational skill across the land. And thus, the plan to neutralise Ganon was forged."

"Upon Ganon's inevitable return to Hyrule, the princess and the hero fought alongside these four champions against an ancient evil. The Guardians were tasked with protecting the hero as the Divine Beasts unleashed a furious attack upon their terrible foe. And when the hero wielding the sword that seals the darkness delivered his final blow......the princess used her sacred sealing power to seal away Calamity Ganon." She sighed before giving me more details of the last time Ganon struck. "One hundred years ago.....in preparation for the foretold revival of Ganon, we strove to follow the lead of our ancestors 10,000 years prior. But....in the end....." she sighed with despair, "despite our best efforts and careful planning......we underestimated his power. In order to avoid ever making that mistake again, the princess left you these words....."

I nodded, eager to hear Zelda's urgent words. "Free the four divine beasts! That is what she said." I stood confused slightly even after being told them. "Four Divine beasts?" I asked Impa, she gave me an unimpressed look before further explaining. "The four divine beasts are the ancient Sheikah weapons wielded by the four champions who Ganon defeated.

-The Divine Beast Vah Rudania controlled by Daruk of the Gorons.

-The Divine Beast Vah Medoh controlled by Revali of the Rito.

-The Divine Beast Vah Ruta controlled by Mipha of the Zora.

-The Divine Beast Vah Naboris controlled by Urbosa of the Gerudo.

It would be extremely ill-advised to face Ganon without the power of the Divine Beasts to help you. You must infiltrate the Divine Beasts that were stolen away by Ganon 100 years ago and bring them back to our side. The Sheikah Slate will guide you to locating each race scattered across Hyrule, you must go where it tells you and meet with each leader there." She finished before looking at my Sheikah slate.

"It seems your Sheikah slate is not yet complete, the device Princess Zelda left is not only your guide but your memory too. Now let's see......someone at the research lab in Hateno Village might be able to help you." She told me, I told her I understood and started to make my way out to Hateno village in search of this research lab. I found Hateno tower not that far after a small trek from Kakariko, I scoped from the top of the tower I could see Hateno village in the near distance. I sighed before paragliding there and seeing if I could seek out anyone that could help me with my Sheikah slate problem.