𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊

✦☾⚕☾✦

✦☾⚕☾✦

━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━

THE FIRST YEARS WERE LED by Professor McGonagall into the Great Hall. Remus watched amused as Genevieve stared up at the sky-like ceiling of the hall. The floating candles mixed with starry sky made this experience truly magical to her.

She returned her attention to the boy smacking him lightly on the arm. "Amazing." She mouthed to him. He laughed when she accidentally walked into the girl in front of her. She went to apologise but only received a glare. Turning back to Remus her eyes widened. "Grumpy." He shook his head, smirking.

Genevieve looked around the large line of people in front of her, spotting an old, dingy looking hat on a stool. "What's that?" She asked him, referring to it with her hands.

"That's the sorting hat." He replied, simply.

"How does it work?" Before he could answer however, the hat sprung to life, a song bursting from the creases in it. Genevieve jumped back into Remus making him wince, when she stepped on his foot. "Sorry." She apologised, he simply waved it off, no concern.

Once the welcoming song of the Sorting Hat had ended Professor McGonagall pulled a scroll from her robes and began reading the names of the first years.

Genevieve turned her attention back to Remus once more. "So what exactly happens?" She asked him curiously. "If that's nae trouble." Remus smiled shaking his head, quietly explaining the whole ceremony quickly for her. She thanked him before she returned her attention to the front.

"Black, Sirius."

Genevieve watched as Sirius confidently sauntered up to the hat and sat himself on the stool. His head was held high with pride at the mention of his name. Genevieve had to restrain herself from sniggering as the hat fell over his eyes. She hadn't been paying attention to the first few people that had came before him but it seemed to be taking longer than expected. Though Genevieve was a rather impatient child but was curious as to why it was taking so long to sort Sirius. After another moment, the Sorting Hat finally bellowed out its answer.

"GRYFFINDOR!"

Genevieve noticed Sirius' face go white. His smile dropped almost instantly and his facial expression looked troubled and conflicted. Instead of jumping up from his chair and bouncing to the table covered in scarlet and gold, he simply arose and walked, hands in pockets with his head down. His hair covered his embarrassed stare.

Genevieve couldn't take her eyes off Sirius as she got further to the front. The odd bellow made Genevieve jump but her attention didn't differ from Sirius. Though he was receiving pats of encouragement and welcome from the older years of Gryffindor, his face didn't change. Genevieve felt pity build in her body as she watched the boy's demeanour. Turning slightly to Remus, she shrugged sadly, moving forward.