fourteen | captured

PAZ WAS VERY happy to see that Astoria had made it out of detention safe and not sporting any curse related injuries, meaning she had not given away any information about the D.A. Paz was also extremely happy as she was now sat in the Hogwarts Express, soon to be at the Burrow. Everything would be okay for a short period of time, that's what Paz was telling herself at least.

She sat at a table on the Hogwarts Express with Neville, Ginny, Luna, Seamus and Lavender. They were all talking in hushed voices until Neville stopped talking, looking to someone behind Paz. Paz then felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Can I steal you for a moment?" The voice asks, Paz turning around to see Theo.

"Oh- um, yeah sure. I'll be right back guys." Paz announces. Theo awkwardly smiles to Paz's friends before leading her into an empty compartment. Paz takes a seat across from him.

"I'm not gonna see you for a few weeks, so I wanted to give you this now. I don't really trust sending it with an owl." Theo says, shaking his head.

"I thought we all agreed on no sort of presents this year?" Paz questions with a frown. Theo rolls his eyes.

"I was going to give this to you eventually, so it's not exactly a Christmas present, just a present in general."

Paz lets out a small sigh of frustration, crossing her arms over her chest. She watches as Theo digs through his small bag, noticing his face lighting up as he finds whatever he was looking for. She smiles brightly towards Paz before pulling it out.

Paz looks at it in confusion. It was a gold ring, it seemed to have something engraved on the side, though Paz couldn't make it out. She got up and sat next to Theo, examining the ring closer.

"For you." He smiles, holding it out for her to grab.

"You got me this?" Paz questions, carefully taking from his hands and getting a better view of the engraving, which said NOTT.

"Sort of. It was my mother's. When she got really sick she gave it to me, told me to give it to a special girl, once I meet the right one of course. I think it's safe to say I found my special girl." Theo says, watching as Paz goggles over the beautiful ring. "A gold ring for my golden girl."

Paz smiles, taking her eyes off of the ring and looking into Theo's. "You think I'm special, huh?"

"Don't get cocky now," Theo jokes, "But yeah, of course I do, who doesn't?"

Paz slides the ring on her right hand's index finger, then sticking her hand out in front of her so both she and Theo could see it.

"Perfect fit." Paz smiles, turning towards Theo, who was already looking at her. He doesn't let too much time pass by before connecting his lips to hers. Paz's lips were soft and she kissed Theo almost as if she was scared to hurt him, while Theo kissed Paz as if he wasn't sure when he would be able to do it again.

Paz's entire body felt warm and light when kissing Theo. She knew that she wanted him, she had known that since she first met him. She was kissing the boy who she wanted to soon fall in love with. She pushed away any negative thoughts about timing and just focused on the present, the present that was kissing her as if his life depended on it.

"Finally." A voice laughs. Theo and Paz break apart, clearly startled. Pansy and Blaise enter the compartment, sitting across from them.

"We had been waiting out there for ages," Pansy groans, "We didn't want to ruin your moment, but then your moment wouldn't end."

"Well thanks for that." Paz says, glaring at her older sister, who puts her hands up defensively.

Before another could say another word, loud shouting was heard outside of their compartment. Paz shot up upon hearing the name Lovegood, swinging the door open and poking her head out.