thirty-one | green or red

part three

THE FIVE SLYTHERIN'S did not know what to do as people began making their way home that night.  None of them could return home.  Paz, of course, could return to the Burrow, though she couldn't leave her friends behind. 

She made them a promise.  If they were to break away from their parents beliefs, she would stay by their side the whole way.  If that meant a few sleepless nights in Hogwarts, so be it.

The group of five emerged from the kitchens, returning back to the Great Hall, where people were still celebrating the defeat of Voldemort.  Paz spotted a large group of people, most sporting bright red hair.  Once she caught the eyes of Ginny, she smiled, watching as Ginny ran over to her.

Ginny crushed Paz in a hug, unable to contain her own happiness.  Paz wrapped her arms around the red head, nearly forgetting that there were other people around them.

"I can't believe it's over," Ginny mumbles, pulling away, then realizing the small gang that was behind Paz. "Hello, everyone."

Ginny stared cautiously at Draco before looking back at Paz.  Paz gave her a look, a look indicating that Draco was alright, before Ginny finally eased up.

"How is Harry?" Blaise asks.

Ginny sighs.

"Harry is- well, he's as alright as he can be.  Is everyone here alright?" Ginny answers, as everyone responds back with scattered yes's.

"How is your family doing?" Paz asks quietly, ushering Ginny away from her small group of friends.

"Doing the best they can.  I guess winning this war didn't ensure immediate happiness." Ginny shrugs sadly. 

The sun is now fully risen as people begin to bring the dead to different rooms, wanting to clear out the Great Hall.  Kingsley, who now held the position of Minister of Magic, suggested that Hogwarts reserve a spot outside to bury the dead Hogwarts defenders.  It was an easy decision to make, all of the Professors and students alike agreeing that it was the best thing to do.

Paz could barely watch as Draco and Blaise picked up Pansy's lifeless body, following the long line out of the Great Hall, placing the body elsewhere for the time being. 

Mrs. Weasley, who was wiping her face with several tissues, appeared beside Paz and Ginny.

"Paz, dear, we're heading back to the Burrow until tomorrow morning when they are asking people to come back to begin cleaning up.  Are you joining?" Mrs. Weasley offers, waiting for the usual 'yes' answer.

Paz, however, begins to shake her head.

"I'm afraid I'm going to be staying here Mrs. Weasley.  You see, Theo, Blaise, Astoria and Draco haven't a place to go, so we're going to be staying at Hogwarts until things begin to slow down a bit." Paz sighs.

Mrs. Weasley, however, was not having it.

"Nonsense.  We can make up beds for your friends in the living room for the time being, tell them we are leaving in fifteen minutes and to pack up a small bag of their things."

Ginny lets out a small laugh, shrugging towards Paz before following her mother back to their family huddle.  Paz, now turning on her heels and stalking off to find the others, was slightly surprised.

She knew how kind Mrs. Weasley was, but she hadn't expected her to trust the other four, especially not Theo or Draco.  But Paz was in no mood to question it.  Instead, once Blaise and Draco returned, the five walked down to the dungeons and entered the Slytherin House, all packing a small bag of things to freshen up with and a change of clothes or two.