twenty-four | sunshine

TO PAZ'S SURPRISE, Sunday had brought nothing but sunshine and warmth.  The weather had been so awful lately, Paz was extremely happy and excited that it was finally getting nicer out. 

She took full advantage of the day.  Paz jumped out of bed, getting ready for the day before dashing out of her room, her bag thrown over her shoulder, as she hurried to the Great Hall. 

Paz grabbed a napkin, placing several small muffins on it and taking a glass of pumpkin juice to go before making her way outside.  She figured it was too beautiful outside to eat her breakfast inside. 

Once stepping outside, the beams of sunlight warmed up her entire body almost instantly.  She inhaled the wonderful spring air as she walked over to the edge of the lake, taking a seat and kicking off her shoes, placing her feet in the cool water. 

Paz then began to happily eat her muffin as her mind wandered off to Ginny, wondering how she was enjoyed this beautiful day.  Most definitely with her family, which caused Paz to feel a pang of jealousy, as her sister was enjoying this day with their parents in France. 

"If I was a Death Eater I'd be in France right now," she mumbles to herself jokingly, finishing her first muffin.

She continues to enjoy her day outside in the warmth of the sun.  Once she finished up her breakfast she took out some homework, laying on her stomach as she finished up her April dream chart. 

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed another student exiting Hogwarts.  Glancing up, Paz realized it was no ordinary student.  It was Theo, and he looked as if he got into a fist fight with Hagrid's half brother.

Paz sprung up, leaving her belongings behind as she marched up to Theo, who had taken a seat underneath a shady tree.

"Theo?" Paz says, getting closer to him.

Theo looks up, a small smile forming on his face once spotting her.  He quickly stands up, smoothing out his shirt while doing so.

"Hi." He mumbles.

Paz notices how beaten up Theo looks.  Several cuts on his face and arms, along with a fresh black eye. 

"You've been busy?" Paz asks, unable to look away from him.

"Suppose so.." Theo says quietly, "It's been a long few weeks."

"I can tell." Paz states.

She then leads him back to where her stuff was, the two taking a seat next to the lake.

"Are you alright?" Paz asks in a concerned voice, worried for the boy beside her.

"I'm fine-" Theo states abruptly. "I- I actually have some good news."

Paz perks up after hearing this, as if to ensure Theo that she was listening.

"I can't say too much, but, Luna is safe.  So is Dean Thomas, Harry, Ron and Hermione." Theo states.

"How-"

"Don't ask how I know, I'm just letting you know." Theo says, cutting off Paz.

Paz feels a wave of relief wash over her knowing that her friends are alright.  That's all that really mattered during this war, keeping her loved ones safe.  As long as they were alright, Paz figured nothing could be all that bad.

She and Theo sat in silence for a while, both of their feet submerged in the lake.  Paz watched as the Giant Squid showed itself near the surface before diving back down into the depths of the lake.

"You were all I could think about while I was gone." Theo admits quietly, causing Paz to turn her head towards him.  "You were all that kept me going."