twenty-seven | pansy's discovery

IT WAS NEARING two weeks that the majority of the D.A. members had been living out of the Room of Requirement.  The room had grown much larger than it originally was to make space for everyone.

It also had banners for each house, bathrooms, and a small balcony that Paz was usually found on during most points in the day.

Along with this, a passageway was also found.  The stairs lead you to a door, though the door lets you out at a different point in Hogwarts each day.  The D.A. members tried not to leave all that much, though when they did they used that exit. 

Aberforth had been generous with food as the room began to fill up with more and more students.  Feeling bad, Michael Corner and Seamus Finnegan had attempted to sneak off to the kitchens in the middle of the night a few days ago.  Just as they were about to enter the kitchens, Filch appeared out of nowhere.  They had narrowly gotten away, running back up to the Room of Requirement.  No one has attempted to head to the kitchens since.

Upon all the new members that had been living inside the Room of Requirement, Astoria was one of them.  The Carrows had somehow linked her with the D.A, which ultimately forced her to go into hiding.  From what Blaise had been telling Paz, Daphne was furious. 

"It must be boring sitting in here all day." Blaise states, earning a punch in the arm from Paz.

"Not funny." She states, then blowing a piece of hair out of her face.

The two were sat at the edge of the balcony, swinging their feet off of it.  Paz had her eyes on Lavender, who was trying to do a cartwheel. 

"I have a feeling Theo knows I'm a part of the D.A, he always asks me how you are.  I've been trying to play dumb." Blaise states, leaning against one of the banisters.

"I wish that boy would mind his own business for once." Paz groans, letting her head fall into her hands.

"It's alright, I don't think he's stupid enough to actually try to get an answer out of me," Blaise laughs, "Anyways, Pansy is still a worried wreck.  She has stopped working in all her classes and constantly pesters the professors on all the disappearing students whereabouts."

Paz sighs.

"Of course she has.  Has she ever tried following you here?"

"Plenty of times.  I always manage to shake her off, though.  She's just a worried sister, can you blame her?" Blaise states.

"Of course not, I would go ballistic if it were the other way around."

Paz had been enjoying her daily talks with Blaise.  If she closed her eyes tight enough, sometime she felt like she was back at Malfoy Manor, sitting at the table with her usual lot and fighting over who got the last biscuit. 

The moment she would open her eyes though, she was snapped back into reality.

She peered over to the empty portrait as it swung open, revealing Neville with more food for everyone.  Paz and Blaise headed down from the balcony and grabbed a small roll of bread each.  Blaise joined Astoria and Michael on the couch while Paz made her way over to Neville, who was sitting alone.

"How's Aberforth?" Paz asks, ripping off a small piece of bread and popping it in her mouth.

"Good, he said he finally got a hold of Remus who let everyone else know we're doing alright." Neville states, taking a long swig of Butterbeer before widening his eyes and reaching into his pocket. 

"Look what else I found, I totally forgot to show you!" Neville exclaims, pulling a large Galleon from his pocket, "I found it last night when I went back to my room, I swore I had left it at home."