Chapter 1

I was on the lifeguard post looking out for anything suspicious when Dad walks up the stairs.

"Hey, dad." I greeted with a smile.

"Hey, sweetie." He said, standing next to me.

Just then I feel a gust of wind. I look at the flag to see it waving intensely.

I look at Dad to see that he notices it too.

We both look out at the water to see a person fly into the air with the surfboard.

In an instance, we both jumped over the ledge and ran over to the water.

Dad and I jump in the water and try to find the man only to find him unconscious.

Dad carries him out of the water as I call the ambulance.

Sooner or later, we were helping the man into the ambulance when a girl walks up.

"Oh, man, Mitch, if you and Y/n weren't there..." the girl said looking at us.

"We're always here." Dad said with a smile.

"Don't worry, your friend's gonna be alright." I said as we look at the man.

"Are you Batman?" The man ask Dad as Dad smiles.

"Sure, pal. Just bigger and browner." Dad said, making me giggle.

"Alright, boys, get him in." I said as they start to bring him in.

"Have a good run, guys." Steph said as Dad and I start to jog.

"Alright, Steph."

Sooner or later, Dad was stopping to meet and talk to other surfers around the area as I just greeted them. After that, we continued our jog.

TIME SKIP

I was now walking with Summer to a particular store when we walk by a boy with a motorcycle.

"Hey, I'm Matt Brody." He told me as I just continued to walk. 

"And not a single fuck was given." I said, not looking back when I then hear Summer giggle.

"Good one, Y/n." Summer told me with a smile.

"I know."

TIME SKIP AGAIN

I was with Summer, signing up for the lifeguard tryouts when the boy from earlier walked up to me.

"I'm gonna go, Y/n." Summer said as she signed up and left with a smile.

"So you're going to make me guess your name?" The boy said, as I rolled my eyes before turning towards him.

"Are you following me?"

"You know, I was actually gonna ask you the same thing." He said with a smile before I smirked.

"Okay. Look, you're hot. I may resist for a while but we both know eventually I'll give in. So why don't we just skip that. Why don't you put a baby in me?" I ask, joking around.

"Now."

"You know, honestly... I was thinking dinner first. But we could try the baby thing if you want." He said with a small smile.

"You are trying. Way too hard." I said, walking away when I see Steph.

"Y/n. I was hoping we'd see you here." Steph said, walking towards me with Summer. 

"I couldn't sleep last night. I am so excited." I told her as I walked off with Steph when Dad passes by us.

"Hey, it's you and Summer's day, sweetie." He said, pointing at me.