Twenty-six: Voyager Sous l'eau

A light-blue flash erupted and a new scene have entered. It was on the mistress's office again. She was reading a parchment on her office table, with a serious impression as usual.

Later on, as Patricia was standing near by the Mistress, the door swung open in the room and it revealed a man on his black robe and black cloak. He was on 30's or 40's in his physical appearance, who knows how old he is.

"Bonjour. I'll sign for resignation. We need more forces." The man said succinctly, he was in his demanding tone.

"Very well, I can't hold you back. This is for the sake of Alandrea and the school, you may go Robeurt." responded the mistress and gave Mr. Robeurt a smile. He smiled back at her and so the mistress continued speaking,

"That leaves the 'Spell Chanting' subject vacant for a new professor."

"Yes, I believe that is true. My wishes for the school, mistress, for now I must go." The mistress nodded and with a pop sound, Mr. Robeurt was gone.

The mistress continued reading, and again, interrupted when the door swung open, revealing Ms. Taylor. A matured Ms. Taylor to be exact, maybe on her late twenties.

"What brings you here?" The mistress stated without looking at Ms. Taylor.

"Mistress, I presumed the spell chanting subject is open for a new professor." stated Ms. Taylor confidently.

"Yes and so?" asked The Mistress, her eyes were a bit squinting while reading. Who knows, she might be annoyed or maybe reading a tiny scribble.

"I would like to take the subject." said Ms. Taylor unhesitatingly.

"Senses in perfect sense, Taylor?" asked The Mistress, seeming she heard an absurdity coming from Ms. Taylor.

"In perfect sense, Mistress. Thank you for your concern." said Ms. Taylor, sounding a bit harsh.

The Mistress was taken aback for a moment and she snapped.

"Are you sure?" asked the mistress, her voice hinted she was serious.

"Of course, I am. I've finished my studies already, I'm supposed to be qualified." said Ms. Taylor.

"Well in that case, you can take over the subject." said The Mistress firmly.

"Thank you -- I guess." said Ms. Taylor and before she could turn her heels, the mistress spoked.

"Take this." said the Mistress, handing Ms. Taylor a thick book. Patricia recognized it as the book in Ms. Taylor's secret office and the one she brought in class when she handed them some useful bracelets.

"What's this?" Ms. Taylor asked as she reluctantly accepted the book.

"A book, Taylor." said The Mistress.

"I meant, what is this for?" Ms. Taylor snapped.

"It's a book. Not just an ordinary book, but a magical one. You'll just ask the book what do you want to know then it'll show you what you're looking for." explained the Mistress while looking at Ms. Taylor's ocean blue eyes. Ms. Taylor nodded with what she have heard and headed out.

Now it's just the invisible Patricia and the Mistress. Patricia was curious about her and what she's doing. She would always see her reading or writing a parchment everytime a new scene flashes.

And so, with eagerness, she moved closer to the mistress to see what she was reading. But before Patricia could cast a gaze on the parchment, the background faded along with the mistress, leaving Patricia alone in the depths of the water.

Patricia sighed.

How much long will this underwater time travelling would take?

And again, she was hit by a shimmering sky-blue ball and the sky-blue background was building up another scene.

Patricia was now familiar with the place. Again, it is in The Mistress's Office. The Mistress was on her office table, reading a book. Patricia drew closer to the table and finally, with contentment, a grin was carved on her face. She finally caught a glimpse of whatever the mistress is reading.

It was the Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith. Patricia was certain she have seen the name somewhere. While she was thinking, the door swung open and revealed Ms. Taylor, again.

"I'm here to ask permission." said Ms. Taylor.

"Permission?" asked the mistress while closing her book. Her voice hinted she was a bit confused.

"Yes. Camilla and Me were planning to take the kids outside, just around the woods." stated Ms. Taylor, her eyes wandering around the room. For a second, Patricia and Ms. Taylor made an eye contact but Patricia thought Ms. Taylor was only looking at the portrait behind her.

"The Black Forest? And without Annalie? Where is she anyway? It's unlikely to see the three of you not together." responded the Mistress, having too many questions.

"Annalie, she's on a study about History. She's a Professor now, she needs to learn." Ms. Taylor explained.

"But you're still going to the black forest. I can not approve such a foolish act." said the mistress with finality. She opened her book once again and started reading, completely ignoring Ms. Taylor's existence.

"You don't trust your daughter?" Ms. Taylor was shocked about she have said. It seems like her thoughts were accidentally voiced out. The Mistress was shocked too, though it was not obvious, she remained calm, and with a sigh, she responded.

"Fine. Take this with you." The Mistress muttered in defeat. Patricia thought the mistress would give Ms. Taylor the book she was currently reading, but in perfect sense, why would she?

Ms. Taylor thought so too. But their trances were interrupted when the mistress conjured a necklace. A magical necklace, Patricia presumed.

"What's that, I meant, what's that for?" asked Ms. Taylor. She was expecting it to happen anyway.

"Just call on it when you need help." said the mistress shortly and averted her gaze to the book, again.

Ms. Taylor expected a long explanation, but since The Mistress did it shortly, she wore the necklace around her neck and went out of the office.

Patricia have a hint already about what's going to happen. This was the Wednesday night Pariana was talking about after Pete's transformation. Of course, Patricia remembered it clearly since that was the first time she have met her terror. The grim reaper was her terror.

The whole background faded and another sky-blue ball hit her again. It was like entering to a another dimension. And as expected, she couldn't move as the sky-blue shimmers building up the new scene quickly.