1 : 0

"It wasn't simple. No, nothing was ever simple with him. And that's what attracted her."

(Y/n)'s eyes gleamed as she continued to write vigorously alongside her friend Senku Ishigami, who was working just as hard as her on a machine of some sort. She put her pencil down every so often to crack her knuckles or to look over at some notes that she had spread out on the table, but other than that she was focused solely on the small notebook in her hands.

"Doesn't it sound like a great attention grabber, Senku!" (Y/n) asked him, not turning away from her book.

Senku didn't bother to face her, knowing that they both had something to work on. "Didn't think that you'd ever write a romance novel (Y/n)."

"Oh please, like I'd ever do that. Romance is overrated, I'd rather have it as a small side-story or something. I got a new idea for an apocalyptic story, y'know?" She ruffled through the mess she had strewn across Senku's work space while leaving a small area for him to work. She pulled out a certain paper with a character sketch and details, to which Senku glanced at. "I got really bored in class, y'know, until I got this idea. I was like 'What if we had to restart humanity?'"

"That's the most elementary story prompt I have ever heard (Y/n)."

"I know, I know! But like, no one's ever actually gone deep into it though! I wanna be the person to do that! And hey, what if a zombie apocalypse does start and we need some sort of guide to live?" (Y/n) moved her hands to further explain her story, which had attracted the fellow members of the science club.

"I already know this stuff, it's basically common sense." Senku complained.

"Not everybody is you, Senku. There are a lot of people out there who wouldn't know what to do." (Y/n) shot back.

"You know what those people need more than a guide book (Y/n)?"

"What?"

"Common sense." The science club members flinched at this.

(Y/n) huffed as she tightened her (h/c) ponytail, pulling on her hair in frustration. The pout that boys would find cute was replaced with an intimidating glare and furrowed eyebrows. She silently straightened out her papers in front of her and set her notebook down, and pulled another one out of her book bag. "I'm going to go do some research on this. I'll be back in a bit Senku."

"Oh, and don't let anyone touch my stuff."

Senku made a grunt, letting her know that he heard her. And with that, she closed the door and head towards the library, excited to have a new research topic.

.

Things like this were never new to Senku. (Y/n) Yuki was always bursting with new ideas, though she wouldn't seem like it at first. Despite her, unique for lack of a better word, personality, she gave off this unapproachable vibe that warded away people. Her resting bitch face only contributed to this, to Senku's amusement. Of course, this only occurred when she had a lack of disinterest in something, which seemed to be the reason most of the time when she wasn't accompanied by her small group of friends.

Senku looked away from his project, for once, to look over her notes. It was a hobby of his to read her story ideas. Some were actually good, a book that he would actually look at, while others seemed to appeal more to people with the mindset of a middle schooler, including (Y/n) herself. He would go over them and address anything too illogical, in his case, meaning that all of her fantasy ideas were scribbled in bright red with a mini Senku giving it a thumbs down in the corner.

As he looked over it, he found a list of topics to research like herbs, architecture, and crafting. On other pages he found character sketches of primitive outfits that, she noted, wouldn't take a lot to make. Towards the bottom, which were some older notes, she had weapons drawn out, with the needed materials listed.

It was an understatement to say that he was impressed, she must've had this floating around in that dump she called a brain for a while. If she put in the effort to study certain things that she's never even heard of before, than it was certainly worth reading.

Meanwhile, the fellow science club members whined as Senku commanded for them to get back to work as he continued to filter her jottings. Why was he allowed to touch her notes while they weren't?

.

(Y/n) was sifting through the books in the school library with one hand while the other supported the weight of several others that she had picked out. She had just pulled out another that was specifically about flowers and herbs when her stack began to wobble. She moved her hand a bit to try and steady it, but to no avail as it started leaning dangerously to one side.

"Woah! Careful there Hoshimi-san!" a fellow literature club member said.

"Oh, shut up Jax! I told you to call me (Y/n) before." (Y/n) complained.

"I know, but this way seems to annoy you more." Jax said, wickedly sticking his tongue out at her.

As he carried what (Y/n) allowed him to carry to the table, he couldn't help but notice the titles of the books on the spines. "A new story idea I assume."

"Not exactly, this has been in the works for a while now." She said while tugging at her ponytail, "I just told Senku about it today. I left my notes back in the room for him to look at."

Jax sighed, "Why don't you let me look through your drafts Hoshimi-san? I know more than that leek anyway."

"Yeah, but he gives me honest opinions from a perspective that I couldn't get from you. That and he's more efficient than you, fucking knucklehead."

"Hey!"

"I'll let you see them when I make an actual draft instead of just randoms sketches and notes." (Y/n) reassured him, walking up to the librarian to check out her books.

"Okay..." Jax trailed off, shooting a weary glance at her as he noticed the bags underneath her eyes. He didn't bother to mention them though, knowing that she would just brush him off anyway. "I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Kay!" She picked up her newly borrowed books and slid them into a tote bag she had in her skirt pocket. "See ya!"

.

When she got back to the Science lab she found Senku once again working vigorously on is machine.

"How was it? Did you like the notes I took?" She asked.

"Go through the weapon materials again and review what kinds of animal hides and skins you'll need."

"Eh!? Was I not accurate?"

"Not even one millimeter."

"Eh!?"