𝐀 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦 𝐔𝐩𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐬

"Fiance" I screamed towards Caliban.

"Calm the heaven down, has anyone ever told you that your screams are utterly deafening" he shouted back coming towards me. His tone was angry and extremely serious. The woman he'd been talking to before had stormed off and out that hall. As soon as I saw Caliban's shoulders relax I had screamed at him.

"What the hell is wrong with you" I questioned him pushing his chest with my hands as she towered over me. We were not standing and I was pissed. I mean I am only fifteen why was he being so annoying calling me his fiance. Is this how things worked in hell? One minute your kissing a stranger and the next your his fiance.

"Oh shut up, like I'd ever marry such a loud mouthed, disobedient brat like yourself" he scoffed, grabbing my wrists in his hand.

"Don't touch me you- you devil!" I spit back at him. The boy smirked and laughed to himself a bit. Annoyed by his reaction I stepped back not wanting to be around him. But instead of getting away I came to the realization I was now against the wall.

"Close but not quiet" he smirked, raising an eyebrow at my realization.

"Let me go" I begged, turning my face away from him so I wouldn't have to see his expression. I could feel my heart beating faster than ever before, and my lungs felt as if they were about to collapse on themselves. Feeling his grasp on my wrists listen and then the feeling of his hands completely disappear, I sighed relieved.

"I'm sorry" he said now at least ten feet away from me. My expression softened as I heard the obvious guilt laced within his voice.

"That girl- were you two involved?" I asked him looking down at my feet obviously embarrassed by my question. Obviously they had been involved it was a stupid question to ask.

"Barely, we kissed once" he started ruffling his blonde hair. I looked up his eyes meeting mine. I couldn't help but just melt.

"I met her before all of this kind of hell stuff happened, on the shore of sorrows" he stated. I raised my eyebrow completely dumbfounded. Hell was a beach? I wonder if the demons bring their kids there in the summertime. Stupid I know.

"She had gotten to hell through a portal but couldn't find a way out, she hid and when I met her I convinced the demons to let her live and work alongside humans and then come back here and report on life upstairs" he continued. So they were friends, and she fell in love. I could see why, was I going to end up like her?

"One day she kissed me, I told her I didn't see her like that but she didn't believe me. Said I just needed time to imagine us together. But I couldn't" he said, finishing his story. I actually felt bad for her. She'd fallen for someone that could never love her back the same way. I guess in a way, I was her not long ago.

"Caliban, I'm so sorry" I said, hugging the boy from behind. He had lost a friend amidst her grab for his love. Caliban's shoulders tensed at my touch but soon after relaxed.

"Wait, Caliban you don't think she would tell anyone that I'm your fiance," I asked him, suddenly thrown back into the reality of our situation. I mean if you're in love with the king of hell would you really keep something that big to yourself?

"For heaven's sake your right half of hell probably believes that you're my fiance by now" he said under his breath. Turning towards me I could see the worry on his face. I'd seen Caliban look a lot of ways but worried? Not even close. To be completely honest I thought he was too prideful to be worried, or show it at least. Caibans hand grazed my cheek as he moved a piece of my blonde hair out of my face.

"Your so-"

"You excellency there's a bit of a situation" a familiar voice called out from behind the door. Caliban had stopped short and his hand fell from aside my head to his side.

"What is it" he called out, not answering the door. It had to have been about what he told the girl. That I was his fiance, I doubted anyone would completely take it serious but I guess I was wrong.

"It's about the pagans on earth" the man outside answered. My people? The entire reason I was even in hell. All this time and still Caliban hadn't even told me what was going on, why he wanted me here.

"What's going on" I grabbed Caliban squeezing his hand in mine. Caliban shook his head.

"Stay here" he said his voice stern as he exited the room closing the door and once again the handle to the door disappearing with him.

Thank you to everyone who continues to read when I do update, I know its been awhile but now with school and such out of the way I hope to get into a more frequent posting schedule.  Also sorry for such a short update, and happy summer!