𝐃𝐨𝐝𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬

"Where is that girl" Pan angrily said as he paced back and forth inside his tent. Turning to a small male next to him he narrowed his eyes.

"I told you to watch her, we need her" he yelled at the boy who shook and coward under Pan's stature.

"I-i was, at first she was just sitting in the flower field and the n-next gone" he said his voice uneven and confused.

"Gone what the hell do you mean gone, people dont just disappear" Pan yelled grabbing the boy but his collar.

"Like magic it had to have been" he squealed.

"I'd thought we had gotten rid of our magic problem, does this mean we may have to revisit our witchy friends?" the man asked a small smirk appearing on his face. The boy nodded desperately.

"Put him in the stocks" Pan said letting go of the boy and simply walking away.

"S-stocks?" the boy questioned but Pan ignored his question and with that he was on his way.

*in hell*

Caliban had been out for hours which made me even more uneasy. My mind wondered with all the possibilities of what they were talking about. I knew that father wanted to restore some ancient magic but how could that have to do with the king of hell himself. Or matter enough to have me kidnapped. Had my father arranged for this? Like a sacrifice...

I couldn't help but feel sick in the pit of my stomach lying on this bed and staring at the ceiling unable to do anything. Closing my eyes feeling defeated and most definitely not as important as everyone had been seemingly acting I hoped to pass the time by sleeping. But before I could even begin to fall asleep I heard soft pats and the a simple rustle behind the door that I was trapped behind.

"Caliban" I called out and to my disappointment there was no answer. Maybe he was just playing a joke, I mean I wouldn't put him past it. But as a pair of eyes met mine behind the creaking door I quickly realized that this was no practical joke.

"I knew I smelt humannnn flesh" a spiny creature cooed as he walked through the door a grin taking over his pale white face. The creature looked as if his jaw had unhinged because his mouth was an abyss of yellow sharp teeth.

"C-can I help you?" I mustered all the courage I had as I sat up and began to scoot towards the head of the bed putting a slightly larger distance between us. The creature grinned wider his bony legs pink where the bone pressed onto his almost translucent skin.

"I think you can" he grumbled, lunging toward the bed I was seated on. Squeezing my eyes tight I lifted my leg kicking towards the creatcher. Feeling whatever it was fall off the bed I opened my eyes and got on my feet running out the door and through the hallway. Where the hell is Caliban? Pushing open the large throne room door I turned to see the translucent thing making his way out of the bedroom I was just in. Quickly I closed the throne room door behind me as my eyes scanned the room for something to barricade the door. Grabbing a large spear that was on display I jammed it in between the handles of the two large doors.

"Let me in" I heard a banging on the door. The voice sounded deeper and not like the weird translucent thingy that had just been chasing me.

"Go away" I screamed back towards whoever was outside. "I've got a knife and im not afraid to use it" I lied trying to convince the thing to just leave me alone and go away.

"Why the heaven would I be scared of you" I heard the person call back with a chuckle. "How the hell did you even get out?"

"Caliban?" I asked.

"Who else would I be?" he asked as if I was stupid to ask. As I stood there breathless and confused I felt a draft of air next to me and a familiar presence. Turning I narrowed my eyes at Caliban.

"What's wrong with you?" he said, confused by my angry expression.

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you?" I screamed at him. His eyebrows furrowed at my question. "Your the one who sent that white boney thing to come and scare the living hell out of me" I screamed once again, this time my head buried into his chest. When I looked up Caliban's face had hardened but I could see worry in his eye's.

"Tugmedos" Caliban called out putting his hand on the back of my head and placing it back where it had previously been.

"Yes our eminancy" Tugmedos answered after scurrying to where Caliban and I had been standing.

"Bring me Ernaz" he said his voice angry and full of venom. Tugmedos nodded and quickly ran out the throne room.

"You're going to cause me so many problems aren't you my dear" Caliban chuckled looking down at me, my eyes catching his. I felt breathless under his stare.

"Caliban? Why am I here? Am I ever going to go home?" I asked my heart feeling as though it was throbbing. I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes as if I was a well that had suddenly become too full and the water was just about to rise up and spill out drowning a village and whoever came close enough.

"I thought you knew more about what your father was planning but it seems that you know less than anyone in the infernal court or even your own family" he said gritting his teeth angrily.

"What do you mean?" I asked furrowing my brows.

"I mean your father was going to sacrifice you" he stated. No. He lying there is no way.

"You're lying" I said as I pushed myself away from Caliban shaking my head. Caliban's face looked sad at my reaction. The boy simply shook his head unsure of what to say. Then I remembered what my father had said to me minutes before I was kidnapped. "You are going to be so important to us child" the words kept replaying in my head making me feel sick to my stomach. My lungs felt heavy and my feet felt as if they were cemented to the ground. I could feel the slight prick of tears running down my face but I didn't even know that I was crying. I couldn't breathe, all I could do was keep repeating those ten words over and over again. Thirty six letters. Fourteen syllables. I could feel the cold floor against my skin and a slight echo of Caliban's voice then his warm hands and then it went dark.