Chapter 7 - The Bigger Picture

"Wow, nice sword you got there," Leeyam was awed. "Tae Soo is skilled in making swords. I am impressed."

"I think I should go and ask him to make me one. Don't you think?"

"It's up to you. You decide."

"Oh right! Wait for me here. I'll be right back." He left. So I stood there and waited.

"I knew I would find you here."

"What is it again, Xylon? If my father is ordering you to send me home then I'm sorry I won't."

"After you're done flirting with that guy, go to your father. He has something to say to you."

"WH-WHAT? FLIRTING?!!! Woooooooow is that how you see me right now?!"

It's the first time he told me that. But what should I expect? He's Xylon after all.

"Yes."

"We are not flirting!" I defended.

"Then what is it? Dating?"

"Yes, we're dating," Leeyam suddenly appeared from behind.

"What are you doing? Why are you bothering my lady?" Leeyam said.

Xylon was silent but I can see the shock on his face while looking at Leeyam.

"I- I'm so-sorry, Sir," Xylon apologized.

Woah!!! I didn't expect that. I've never seen Xylon this shocked before.

"Sure, sure. Now, if you will excuse us," and Leeyam pulled me away from him.

What just happened there? Why didn't Xylon fight or answer back. He was just silent and shocked. He even apologized. Does he know Leeyam? Also father wants to talk to me. Then does he already know that I sneaked out last night? Xylon must've told him. Then I should prepare for a scolding.

"Do you know him?" I asked Leeyam.

"No. Are you okay? He seems to be bothering you."

"No, he's not. He's one of my father's men," I explained.

"I know."

"How did you know?" I asked.

"Remember yesterday? When we hid because your father's men were there? That man saw you actually."

"Wait! You mean, Xylon saw me while running away?"

"Yes. I was watching you while you ran away and I saw him look at you. But he neither run after you nor told his companions."

"Oh, I see."

Yesterday, he reported to father that they didn't see me at the market. Could Leeyam be mistaken? Or Xylon lied? Did he cover for me? Seems like I will find out later. Leeyam then held my hand.

"Stop for a while." Then he went behind me.

"What are you doing?"

"Just wait."

Then he placed a necklace around my neck.

"Wow! It's beautiful. Thank you."

"You're welcome," he said with a smile.

"Oh right, there's something I need to tell you," He said.

"What is it?" I got curious.

"You see, my father and I will be leaving Jangmyun the day after tomorrow." The smile on my face slowly faded away.

"Already?"

"Yes. I'm sorry. We have to."

"Where will you go?" I ask.