Chapter 9 - They Finally Meet

I opened my eyes upon feeling the sunlight on my skin. It's already morning. I need to get up and prepare for Se Ho's travel.

I was about to sit up but there was a heavy thing on my arm. I looked beside me and was surprised that Mizrain was lying beside me. What the?!!!

I quickly removed her head from my arm and jumped out of bed with my heart beating in my chest.

After a moment of remembering what happened last night, I slapped my forehead. How could I forget?!

She is not Mizrain. She is her look alike. For a moment I was stupid.

I looked at her and she is still sleeping. Thankfully she is at peace right now. I remembered how she freaked out last night like a possessed lady. But remembering the wounds I saw on her back, it melted my heart. I pity her. I wanted to know who did this to her and know why they did it.

I stepped out of the room and hurried towards Se Ho's chamber.

"Good morning, sir," I greeted him.

"Good morning, Xylon. This is the first time you woke up late," he said.

"I apologize, sir. It won't happen again," I said.

"Hahaha," he laughed. "It's okay. I would actually want you to have more rest. You've been so serious about your job that you forgot about yourself."

"When will you be traveling, sir?" I asked to change the topic. I don't want to talk about it.

"I'll travel before sunset. I need to talk to Mizrain more. She more than deserves an explanation."

"Didn't you talk about everything to her already, sir?" I asked.

"No. Not everything. I just told her about the girl. But I didn't tell her about Misun yet. She has to hear it from me," he explained. "But first we should let her meet the girl."

"I understand."

I headed to Mizrain's chamber.

"My lady," I said and knocked on her door.

The door slowly opened and Mizrain with reddish eyes stepped out. She must've cried the whole night. I don't know what they talked about with Se Ho but it must be the reason why she cried.

"Why?" She asked.

"Se Ho told me that you will be meeting the girl right now."

She sighed.

"Alright," she said tiredly.

I escorted her to Se Ho chamber. She was silent on the way. Surely, there are many things going on in her mind.

When we arrived,

"Thank you, Xylon. I need you to go and tell the other girl to.prepare herself," Se Ho commanded.

I went to the chamber where the other lady is.

When I entered, she was sitting in front of a table with a lot of food. But she didn't even touch it. She just looked at it.

"You should eat to regain your strength," I said.

But she didn't say anything.

After a while, she slowly grabbed the spoon and began to eat.

I was relieved she is eating.

I sat beside her the whole time she was eating. After she was done,

"Who are you, people?" She asked. "Why did you help me?"

"I'm afraid I can't reveal our identity. But I assure you the we helped you out of goodwill."

She just looked at me.