Chapter 12 - This is My Fight

Xylon's P.O.V:

"I stayed in Gwanddong for almost 8 months. But when the King and Crown Prince arrived at Gwanddong, his personal guard found me again. I tried to escape and I ended up being with you," she finally concluded.

"The men who kidnapped you at the Han River are the same men that attacked us back in Jangmyun," I said. "Do you know who they are.working for?"

Katana tried to think deeply.

"I don't know. It was actually my first time to meet them here in Gwanddong."

"Will you describe to us what they looked like?"

"I've not seen much. They wore masks. They never once allowed me to see who they are." And she continued. "All I can say is, they were skilled in martial arts. I've never seen something like it before."

"But you managed to escape. That's when I saw you at the river," I said.

"Yes. A guy attacked them that time and I managed to escape."

"A guy?"

"Who is it?"

"That, I also don't know. His face is covered as well."

"It's getting more and more complicated," Hezron commented.

"We should end it for today," I said. "Thank you Katana, you said much. This will be a great help."

"As long as you keep my twin safe."

"And you as well," I said. "From now on, you belong to this household. That means we'll also protect you."

"That's right," Hezron agreed.

"Let's get some sleep everyone. If Mizrain will get better tomorrow, we'll travel. It's not safe in here."

"Okay."

Katana heading in the hut.

"We'll take turns to guard tonight."

"I'll guard first," Hezron volunteered.

"Alright. I'll just go check on Mizrain," I said.

"But Xylon," Hezron called me. I turned around, curious about what he's going to say. "You changed."

"What?"

"You weren't cold as before. You started showing how you care for Mizrain."

"That's -"

"I'm happy, Xylon," Hezron said. "For you." He smiled.

I didn't answer back and went to the room where Mizrain and Asher are.

"She's already asleep," Asher informed me.

"That's good. We'll travel tomorrow once she'll get better."

"Alright," he answered.

I watched as he was fixing Mizrain's blanket. But he suddenly stopped when he saw something unusual.

"Xylon," he called me with a worried face. "Check this out," I hurried and saw bloodstain on Mizrain's clothes.

"She's wounded," Asher said.

I quickly took off the lower part of her shirt covering her belly.

She's wounded on her abdomen. She placed a bandage on it but the bandage was all soaked in blood.

"We need to change the bandage," I said.

"I'll bring materials needed." And Asher hurried outside.