Chapter 11

It was a sweet, tantalizing murmur that had my heart skipping about in nerves and embarrassment. The words tumbled effortlessly, genuinely. It always made me soft to think about how you nervously stuttered whenever you praised me. And, god, the fiery blush that bloomed under your skin and the wide smile you tried to hide behind your hand whenever I complimented you.

I always skittered around you, nerves always getting the better of me. I always shied away whenever I shyly confessed my fears, my thoughts and you so firmly contradicted them, telling me how I wasn't the way I saw myself. 

I always thought it was fitting that you were born in spring since your soft personality always reminded me of blooming cherry blossoms. Every word was soft and smooth like a petal.

I sigh, sitting back as I suddenly pop out from the building scene. It was too sporadic and it didn't flow quite right. Focusing back on the words was difficult, even with soft music coaxing my anxious mind to relax. 

I quickly glance at the clock, reading the clear numbers, 2:18 AM. Maybe I can't focus cause I've only slept for 4 hours in the past 40 hours. I can't help but roll my eyes at myself, frustrated with how even if my body felt like it was being weighed down by a heard of elephants my mind was hyped up and running like I drank way too many liters of coffee.

I hum along to the music, considering what I should try to write. Short story or poem? Angsty, sad, soft? Or maybe I should just sleep. I find myself rolling my eyes at myself again as I internally debate over whether I should take advantage of the grey while I can or if I should get the sleep I desperately need. 

I pull at my face with a sigh, annoyed with my final decision of just getting some sleep and hoping that it'll still be grey later today.