Nora's Sick

8 year old Nora West-Allen was fast asleep in her bed, until she woke up with a sweat. She started breathing heavily and knew she was going to throw up. She leaned over and threw up in the trash can that was right next to her bed.

She got up and walked to her parents room where they were fast asleep. She walked over to Barry's side and kept shaking him so he would wake up. "Daddy? Daddy?" She kept whispering. Barry woke kind of scared because he thought something had happened. "What? What's the matter baby?" He pulled Nora up on the bed and was about to get up to run and check stuff out but Nora stopped him in his tracks.

"I don't feel well." Barry turned around and picked Nora up and carried her to the kitchen to take her temperature. "Nora I need you to open your mouth. We're going to see how high your temp is because you're pretty warm." Nora opened her mouth and waited for it to beep. It finally beeped and the thermometer read '104.5'. Barry kind of freaked out. "Nora, I need you to wait here ok? I'm going to go get Mommy."

Barry sped up the stairs and shook Iris awake. "Iris, hon wake up. It's an emergency." When Iris heard that, she shot up. "What's going on? Where's Nora?" She asked. Barry calmed her down a little bit. "Nora's sick. She has a temp of 104.5." He explained. Iris got up and went downstairs to see Nora throwing up in the sink. Barry sped over and pulled her hair back.

After Nora was done, she started bawling her eyes out, which broke Barry's heart. He picked her up and carried her in the living room and she laid her head against his chest and continued crying. She was hyperventilating, which means she could make herself throw up again. Barry had to find a way to calm Nora down while Iris was on the phone with Caitlin trying to figure out what to do.

Barry vibrated his chest which calmed Nora down a little bit, but not as much. He then decided to sing.

🎵Baby mine, don't you cry.🎵
🎵Baby mine, dry your eyes.🎵
🎵Rest your head, close to my heart.🎵
🎵Never to part, baby of mine.🎵

He knew that would calm her down instantly. Nora was still awake, but she stopped crying. When Barry tried to stand up and lay her down so he could talk to Iris, Nora clung onto him. When Nora is sick, she gets clingy. So Barry carried Nora into the kitchen where Iris was frantically asking Caitlin questions on what to do.

"Iris, what are her symptoms? What is she doing right now?" "She has a high fever of 104.5, she was throwing up, and she's very clingy. She's clinging onto Barry right now."

They could hear static and Nora started crying again, which broke her parents heart. "Baby what's wrong?" Barry asked. "My stomach hurts. It hurts to breathe." She sobbed. Barry's heart broke into a million pieces each time Nora sobbed. It killed him.

"Caitlin, Nora said it also hurts her to breathe." "Bring her into S.T.A.R Labs right now. I don't mean to frighten you but, we need to do some testing. I'll call Cisco and we'll be right there." Iris and Caitlin  hung up and Barry went crazy. Barry handed Nora to Iris and he rushed around packing everything just in case.

Barry did not want to take any chances on losing his baby girl. He set the suitcases down near the door and went back to Iris and Nora. "Baby, do you want daddy to run you over to S.T.A.R Labs?" Nora shook her head. "I might throw up." She whispered. Iris nodded and carried her to the car. Barry took the suitcases and ran them to the car and set them in the trunk.

While he was packing, he heard Nora crying for him to be in the back seat. So he hopped in the back seat with Nora while Iris drove to S.T.A.R Labs. Barry kept stroking her hair to calm her down until they got there.

When they arrived, Barry unbuckled Nora from her seat, even though she could do it herself, and carried her inside. Barry walked faster than normal and laid her down on the bed so she could be examined by Caitlin. Barry was forced to stay outside and watch the torturous treatments for Nora. She was screaming and crying for him, which made him start crying.

"DADDY! IT HURTS!" He could hear her scream. And he could see Caitlin and Cisco try and calm her down. It broke his heart to see his baby girl so upset. Iris came down and saw that Barry was crying and Nora was screaming. Iris hugged Barry to try and calm him down while Nora was going through all of this.

They were both hugging and crying for their daughter, worried for her. Finally, Nora's screams stopped and Barry and Iris walked up to the door to see Nora asleep on the bed and Caitlin running some tests. Cisco was playing with Nora's hair to calm her down. They walked in and started talking to Caitlin. "She has the flu. And a bad case of it. She'll need proper rest, I'll prescribe a few pills, and no running for a couple weeks. Her stomach is all jacked up and cannot run or else she'll puke everything up." She explained.

They nodded and looked at their sick daughter. She looked like she was in a lot of pain. Barry picked her up and carried her to the car and buckled her in. They drove home in silence, listening to the whimpering of their daughter. It broke their hearts to hear and see Nora be in so much pain.

When they finally got home, Barry picked Nora up and carried her inside, Iris in tow. When they got in, Nora seemed to wake up and notice her surroundings. She looked up and saw Barry softly smiling at her. "Hi honey. How're you feeling?" He asked. She groaned and cuddled into his chest. He sighed and kissed the top of her head.

Nora didn't feel like going to her room so she asked her dad to lay her on the couch. Barry reluctantly agreed and laid her down. When Nora laid on the couch, she almost immediately fell asleep. Barry didn't want to leave her alone so he was willing to sleep on the couch too. And Iris did also.

Nora would end up feeling better within a couple days, but she had Barry and Iris to wait on her hand and foot.