Nora Grieves

Nora's best friend Lia dies. Nora is grieving and Barry gets concerned.

Nora was in her room watching tv when she gets some texts on her phone. She picked it up and saw that most of them are apologizing to her. Huh? Why are they apologizing? She texted one of the numbers and asked why they were apologizing. The number told her to check the news.

She did just that and the title was,

"Father kills daughter in fight."
- 42 year old father Wesley Johnson kills his daughter Lia Johnson in a fight.

Nora was shocked and upset. Her best friend was murdered? She was in shock. She couldn't feel any emotion in her body. She was numb. Eventually, she came out of her shock and screamed.

She screamed so loud she thought her parents could hear her at S.T.A.R Labs. As soon as she stopped screaming, she started sobbing. She curled herself into a fetal position and sobbed with all her might.

She no longer has a best friend. Who she can gossip to, who she can talk about boys with. That person is gone.

It felt like an eternity for Nora when she heard the door open. She heard a zoom noise and then a knock at her door. Nora could not form words, only a broken sob.

Barry entered her room and his heart broke at the sight. Nora was curled up in a fetal position staring blankly at the wall. He heard a gasp behind him and knew it was Iris. The parents had tears in their eyes by seeing their daughter so broken. Barry walked to her side and sat down on her bed.

He didn't need to ask what was wrong, he already knew. They all saw the news. He thought Lia as his own daughter himself, she was so kind and has known Nora since kindergarten. It hurt Barry and Iris too.

Nora sat up and clung onto her father. He hugged her to him and rocked them back and forth. Barry looked up and saw that Iris was still standing in the doorway. He gestured for her to come over here, so she did. She sat on the bed and hugged Nora too.

The West-Allen parents held their daughter as she grieved. They asked her if she wanted to go to their room, but she said no. Barry and Iris were reluctant to let Nora sleep alone but they allowed it.

Later that night

Nora was having a dream where she was able to save Lia, but she couldn't. Lia had her arm outstretched but Nora couldn't grab it.

Nora sat up with a scream and tried to control her breathing. She hoped her parents didn't hear her because then they would come in and question her on what's wrong. A couple minutes went by and her parents didn't come in so she took that as they didn't hear her.

Nora decided to go downstairs and clear her head. She sat on the couch and decided to watch tv. And what's the first thing that she sees? The news on Lia. She started sobbing and couldn't turn the tv off. That is the last thing she will ever see of Lia. A school picture that shows everyone what she looks like.

She didn't hear the footsteps coming down the stairs because she was too busy crying. She felt pressure sitting down beside her and knew it was either her mom or dad, she didn't dare look. "Nora? Why are you up so early?" It's Barry. He was always an early riser.

Nora wiped her eyes and shook her head. "It's nothing dad, I'm fine."

"You are not fine Nora, and it's ok. We know you're grieving and you always see us at our bad moments. We want to comfort you Nora, it pains us to see that you're upset or hurt. We just want you to be happy."

Nora looked at her dad with teary eyes and she couldn't hold back from him anymore. She fell into him sobbing her eyes out. He felt tears prick at his eyes seeing his daughter so upset, but he pushed them back.

After a couple minutes of Nora crying into her fathers arms, she looked back at the tv. She could not get the image of her best friend, on the news. Lia always talked about being on the news, she didn't know that she would be dead on the news.

Nora started to hyperventilate and started having a panic attack. Barry made Nora look at him. "Nora, baby, I need you to follow my breathing ok? In and out, in and out, that's it." Her breathing was slowed and she was able to calm down again.

Iris came down the stairs to see her husband and daughter on the couch cuddling. She looked at the tv and saw that the news was still talking about Lia. Iris knew it wasn't good for Nora so she walked over and turned it off. That's when the two noticed her presence.

Nora got out of her fathers grip and go the kitchen. She got a bowl and poured herself some cereal. She was so out of it that she forgot the milk! Iris and Barry shared a look and knew, Nora needs help. And a lot of it.

Part 2 coming later!