Prologue

“Bye Emma. Take care, I’ll miss you so much.” I had mumbled down the phone teary-eyed. Those were the last two sentences I told my best friend before hanging up, the stewardess had been irritating me for quite a while, telling me that “All electronic devices must be turned off”. Whatever…

Anyways, you must be wondering about me. Don’t worry; I’ll make it short. My name is Hailey Parker. I come from New York. Basically, I’m wretched since my parents suddenly stated that I was moving to London… One week ago. I’ve left behind all of my friends, the sweetest boy ever which dumped me because he hated long distance relationships, but most of all I’ll definitely miss Emma. Emma has been my best friend since I was practically in diapers. We had gotten through thick and thin together. And now, I’d be moving to London. Cold, rainy London. 

The reason my parents have decided to send me there is mainly because they recently got divorced. It turns out my dad was cheating on my mom with another girl for a whole year. I have lost all of my respect for him; I most definitely don’t want to move in with him. Then there’s my mom, who lately became a volunteer for the American Orphanage Association. For a whole year she’ll be in Zambia working as a teacher. I positively couldn’t fully pursue a career there, so the only choice that was left was I moving to London with my brother Logan. Sure, Logan was a lovely guy, but in London I’d have to start from zero. Nothing. Nada.

That night in the airplane I probably dreamt the most vivid dream I have ever experienced. I was in a completely empty room. There was hardwood flooring, and white wallpaper, with one tiny window by the side overlooking the city of London. This curly haired boy came in, walking in my direction. His green orbs were nearly addicting, I couldn’t stop staring into them. He started talking about something. I  could only make you the words ‘you’ and ‘love’. Then he knelt down on one knee and asked me the question I hadn’t been expecting. “Hailey Alexandra Parker, will you marry me?”

At that point I abruptly woke up all sweaty. I looked around the airplane; the seats around me were basically either watching a movie or sleeping. I decided to go back to sleep since tomorrow would be a very, very exhausting day.

---------- Author’s Note ----------

Hey readers! :3

Please let me know if anyone is actually reading this story and i should keep writing! Comment any suggestions or opinions! Thanks <3

~Bea