Trickery

[Percy]

I shoot up from the water to see at least 20 guards unconscious on the floor. I look to see who knocked them all out. I only register a curly blonde head of hair running towards me.

I instantly open my arms and Annabeth runs into a hug. "God Percy I missed you so much!" Annabeth says. I look at her with a confused look.

"Don't you mean gods?" I ask with a laugh. She looks at me and laughs. I brush a thought aside. "Whatever Percy. Now let's get out of here" she says to me.

I nod and we start to try to look around the corner outside from the gym. I see groups of guards running down multiple hallways.

We tuck behind a wall as we strategize a way out of this hell hole tower. "Alright so just follow me," Annabeth says. "Okie dokie wise girl" I say with a smile as we start sneaking down the hallway. Annabeth looks at me offended, "that's a mean nickname isn't it?"

I freeze in my tracks as the words slipped through her mouth. "Annabeth how did you even get in here?" I ask as my voice shakes a little. She looks back at me and tugs at my hand, "does that really matter Percy? Now come on before we get caught!" she urges.

I stay still in the now silent hallway. "What's my nickname Annabeth" I ask with no emotion. "It's Percy," she says slowly, "because you hate being called Perseus".

I back up quickly from the imposter of my wise girl. I take Riptide and point it in the thing's direction. "Who are you?!?" I shout. "Annabeth" just keeps saying that it is her while I back away slowly.

Eventually "Annabeth" starts to flicker like in a video game. "What is going on?" I ask. Then everything surrounding me starts to dissolve and I fall into a black abyss.

——————-

"What happened to the feed Bruce?" a voice asks out. I slit my eyes open to see Tony and the doctor surrounding a screen that is black.

The doctor quickly turns around to see my eyes open in fear. I'm back in the room where I woke up. All of my limbs are constrained while a piece of equipment is tightly strapped to my head.

I look back at the black screen then try to reach for Riptide in my pocket but my hands are too tightly constrained. Panic spreads around me, wrapping itself like a tight coil around my body.

The doctor looks down at me with pitiful eyes as he speaks, "Percy you're ok, it was just a simulation we used to run some tests". I snap my neck towards the voice and I stare with a mean glint in my eyes.

"How fucking dare you! You think it is morally right for you to fucking mess with a kid's mind like that?" I spit out with venom. I hear laughter to the side of me.

I look to see that Tony is cracking a grin. "You think this is funny?!?" I yell. He just keeps on grinning.

"Bruce put him back under, we need to know more" a mysterious but familiar voice says. Before I could try to find some liquid to free my retrains, I feel a sharp prick to my neck as I fade into the darkness once more.

Yooooo sorry I have been rlly inactive I have been really focusing on school and mental health issues these past months but I really want to finish this story so.... yea bye bye!