Pilot: Prerequisite

December 12, 2019

December 12, 2019

Dear Ms. Kim Jisoo,

          On behalf of our Committee of Admissions, I am delighted to offer you admission to the Class of 2024 under the Journalism and Media program at Seoul National University. Please accept our congratulations for your outstanding achievements.

          With approximately fifteen thousand applicants and only ten hundred and fifty places for the freshman class, the Committee of Admissions has taken great care to choose individuals who present extraordinary academic, extracurricular and personal strengths. The Committee believes that you will make beneficial contributions during the next four years of undergrad should you join us at SNU.

          Additional to our offer of admission, we find that you qualify for the Merit Scholarship worth ₩14,500,000; covering a full year's tuition. If you find that SNU suits your academic path, you will receive this fund for furthering your undergraduate studies. Please be aware that you must maintain a GPA of 3.8 to remain eligible for this grant.

          You have until May 1st, 2020 to respond to our offer. We are enclosing this letter with a reply card for your use to inform us of your decision. A complete admissions packet will be mailed to you in late May. If you have further questions please do not hesitate to reach out, all contact information can be found on the second page.

          We would be delighted to see you on the SNU campus this upcoming September.

Your Sincerely,
Teddy Park
Dean of Admissions & Financial Aid

˚˚*—˚*❀˚* —˚❀*—˚* ❀˚*—˚**

KIM JISOO

KIM JISOO. Class of 2024
Undergraduate Study: Journalism & Broadcasting Media
Minor: Literature & Popular Culture minor

 Class of 2024Undergraduate Study: Journalism & Broadcasting MediaMinor: Literature & Popular Culture minor

KIM TAEHYUNG. Class of 2024
Undergraduate Study: Journalism & Broadcasting Media
Double Minor: Photography Studies minor / Music & Culture minor

NOTES/ 2020.05.25
I've been reading a lot of fics lately and I'm not sure why but there is such an abundance of high school fics. Everything is so extra in high school lol. The smallest things feel like life or death which can be fun but I'm just gunna pull away from that and write a slice of life. I don't really have much plot planned though. I think this fic will remain pretty mundane.

Though SNU is a real location and institution, this work is completely fiction.

Everything I know about Korean secondary education comes from binge watching Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo and a web drama called Love Playlist (on Playlist Global Youtube if anyone's wondering). I'll also be pulling some inspiration from my own university experiences.

Another note: this was originally supposed to be a onE shOT! T_T;; Then I thought, I'll do a 4 chapters, 1 for each year in uni. But now my bullet point outline is already at 5 pages. I'm going to cry. The only good thing is that I've got the whole series planned out. I'm worried I'm going to run out of steam while writing this so any kind of encouragement would be greatly appreciated!

story by fannypackage (me)
graphics by fannypackage (me)
stock photos taken from unsplash
photos of Jisoo taken from fansite Off the Page
offthepage.tistory.com/entry/190606?category=808299
photos of Taehyung taken from official source (BH) & Vlive