The Art of Exchanging Numbers

˚˚*❀˚* —Freshman year

˚˚*❀˚* —Freshman year. First semester.—˚* ❀˚**

If Jisoo's honest with herself, doing the morning-after walk back to her dorm room is more embarrassing than she expected. She's not ashamed of bedding strangers but she can't help but feel her skin crawl as she makes her way through the men's residency building—passing more than a few leering gazes in her retreat.

If Jisoo had been smart, she would have left immediately instead of sleeping a few extra hours but the headache combined with warm company had been too good to pass up.

The unfiltered sun shows no mercy in regards to her hangover. Though feeling cursed with nausea and dehydration, she still remembers safety first. Jisoo had eyed the condom wrappers on the bedside table before leaving but one can never be too safe—a lesson she's learned from her nephew's unexpected conceivement—especially when it comes to nights with attractive strangers.

After tiredly trudging in the opposite direction of her dorm room, she's dismayed when she finds that the campus convenience store—run by the university—is out of the day-after pill. She heaves exasperatedly before buying a bottle of ginger lemon tea as a hangover cure—a remedy taught by her eldest brother.

By the time she's found an off-campus convenience store that's located somewhat close to her dorm, she's exhausted and grumpy—ready to take it out on any poor employee that tells her they don't have the little white pill.

What she actually gets is a sly-looking woman at the front cashier who disregards her scowl and replies with a knowing smirk as she goes behind the counter to grab a box of morning-after pills.

"Thanks," Jisoo mutters as she's about to leave. Then her eyes catch on something. "Still looking?" She asks the employee while pointing at the help wanted sign.

"Yeah," the cashier replies, drumming her long nails against the countertop.

˚˚*—˚*❀˚* —˚❀*—˚* ❀˚*—˚**

It's been about two weeks since school started and the student orientation events are finally dying down. Nevertheless, there are a few stubborn freshmen who don't want to give up the partying quite yet.

Guess they're still in denial about ending their summer, Jisoo thinks as she passes by a group of first years like herself; the only difference is that they smell hungover.

Jisoo checks her watch one more time, the school's West wing library closes in six hours—no wait, it's Saturday—the library closes in four hours. It's still a good chunk of time that she can use to start studying for an upcoming quiz.

The West wing library, Lee-Song Memorial, is a two story building located, unsurprisingly, on the west side of campus. It's the university's oldest establishment. The somewhat European influenced architecture makes it stick out like a sore thumb amongst the school's other nearby buildings, most of which are a tad bit more modern and minimalist.