Pᴏᴡᴇʀ

ᗯℰ were on the second of the seven rivers of Africa

ᗯℰ were on the second of the seven rivers of Africa. The stupid song played in my head for quite some time. At the exact moment I got rid of it, Cynthia hummed it, as if that wasn't enough, she sang her own version:

'Azikiwe, Wolowo, Tafawa Balewa,
Onye-ocha wepu aka n'okpu eze'

She then hummed it repeatedly, typing with all concentration on her phone.

'What does it mean?' I asked. She raised her head up to look at me with one of her brow raised. I almost melted. ' I mean the Onyocha something-something part o?'

'White man remove your hands from the king's crown.' she returned her face to the phone's screen, tapping it with her thumbs.

It was our first vacation. Madam Ajuma brought up the idea in a general staff meeting and everyone loved it. She was the Head of programs. I always thanked her in my heart for bringing Cynthia to me. Although we barely spoke to each other during the vacation.

'Interesting. Is a good thing they have removed their hands from the king's crown right?' I said with hopes that she'd pick up an argument with me, ' Where is the kingdom now?'

Yes! I ignited their spark. All of them. Sir Lamido stopped gazing into space. The question seemed to have a galvanic effect on him such that he quickly lowered his glasses down the bridge of his big wrinkled nose, staring at me with pupils at the top of his eyes as he gently pierced the hollow between his collar bone with his chin.

Cynthia clicked on the power button at the side of her smartphone and the helmsman reduced the volume of his music. The cruise just became lit.

Madam Ajuma and all other staff present showed interest except Gbenga the koala. The only thing he contributed was his irritating sleep song.

'In our hands.' Cynthia said, removing her cat-eye glasses, ' What a man does with his rightful inheritance is no man's business. No one should take it from him.'

' I would not say those hands are off the kingdom yet.' Sir Lamido said, ' The so called Whiteman still play footsie with us one way or the other. They wield the Sceptre to our kingdom, but we own it.'

' I'm in a pretty kettle of fish right now sir.' I said.

' I think I understand him pretty much.' Madam Ajuma said with a quick gaze before fixing back her eyes on the religious book she was reading.

'Well,' Cynthia said, ' I don't think that is completely true sir. I think does developed nations are doing their best for us. They always come to aid when necessary. They don't interfere when it's not called for.'

' My dear friend,' Sir Lamido said, ' that's the idea. That's exactly what they want you to think, this is exactly what they want you to say. Don't be deceived sugar, America fights only for America. Great Britain fights only for Great Britain. Should I mention Brexit?' He shrugged. ' Before I emphasize on Brexit you must first understand that these nations either create a problem for you and help solved them because of something they want from or they simply help you because they want something from you. Now or tomorrow. It's typical of us Africans to think about now, we're always about now, but those guys? They think about tomorrow.'