August 23, 1991

Me and Duncan met our great grandpa today in the cemetery. Chamberlain Locke. We used the ghost key. It's so much fun flying around and messing with people who can't see us. We talk to our ancestors, family who have died on the property are buried here. That's why we can't see mom, because she died in the hospital. Grandpa Chamberlain has been telling us how to use the rest of the keys and all kinds of stories about Key house and the history of our family. Grandma and Grandpa had told me and Duncan a little bit before they passed away and I've read all of the books in the Locke family library but none of them mention the keys. I hear them now. They whisper things I can't understand. The key Duncan showed me was the Identity Key. He also showed me the Anywhere Key that opens doors to anywhere in the world you want to go and another one with 2 faces on it. Chamberlain said to be careful with that one, it's called the Mirror Key. I found the Echo Key and Head Key. I went inside my own head. It was the most unbelievable thing I've ever seen. There's a movie theater that's stacked to the ceiling, wall to wall with film reels. They're separated into categories and labeled with things like "road trips" and "bed time stories". When I put a reel in the projector, it plays out on the screen and transports me to the place where the memory is. I brought Duncan there to show him memories I have of mom. I want him to know her like I did. I can't wait to find the rest of the keys. This summer is going to be the best.